Chapter 5: The Second Meeting

**The second meeting**

The interior of the hall looked like an opera house, only smaller in scale. Main stage has no off stage space. A prompter’s box can be found but there was no wings. The closed and curtained booth was facing the stage where few instruments are laid disorderly.

There are usually two main entrances. One is at the front, used by the audience, and leads into the back of the audience space. The second is called the stage door which is accessible from backstage. This is where the cast and crew enter and exit the theatre, and fans sometimes wait outside it after the show in order to get autographs. The auditorium has limited floor seats and the gallery has even less.

The dashing Square boys were sitting on Eames soft pad chairs behind a rectangular well polished brown coloured table.

They looked entirely different from last night; informal yet classy. All of them had unrestricted, slim-fitting casual shirts on, but no tie. They had their jackets resting on the back of the chairs.

“Exactly four minutes”, Dae-min reminded June.

“Exactly four minutes”, June prepared herself while walking towards the set up.

The way she proceeded with the speed of light, she looked like in terrible need of hitting the loo.

Bridget pushed Dean and walked faster than June.

Avantika, at the worst, literally jumped onto Dae-Min’s to reach the stage. Dean arrived the last.

They were standing on the arena, a lower area but not too below from the stage. Nam as the leader of the group stood up gently, did a bow to them and extended his hands. Humbleness must be his middle name. Every single thing about him tosses an ‘amazing’ feeling.

Max and Bsong too followed, leaving no resentments in their behaviour. They are the man of manners. Their voice matches their demeanour very well. Every single thing about their personalities stands out brilliantly.

Even some granules of a waffles on BSong’s luscious lips looked ‘inviting’.

Junang was standing on the floor in fairly distance, facing away from the entrance. He was oblivious to their presence.
--

Avantika’s feet suspended when she caught a close and vivid glimpse of Nam. She was instantly in awe; rooted to her place, staring at him without blinking. Her tongue had seemingly dived back into her throat. Her ability to speak and move had cancelled out.

Bridget was no exception. She was standing there like a dummy, finding hard to bite off the effects the Square boys had on her.

“Its fine. We are no bears. Don’t fear.”, Nam shook delightedly Avantika’s hands.

She slowly placed her left hand on her face to contain excitement. Her overwhelming response to Nam’s friendly gestures was hardly possible to hide.

Sensing the awkward situation, June trod as quickly as possible forging an amiable smile on face and offered her hand to Nam “Annyeonghaseyo”.

Her desperate effort to remain poised and controlled was pricking her skin. It was intimidating and nerve racking. She was floating between disbelief and ecstasy.

Her struggle to tame her overflowing emotions and generate her instincts was clearly failing.

“Im so sorry, we don’t speak Korean. But we do have a translator.” June thrust her voice while grabbing Dae-Min’s sleeves.

She pulled him near and propelled her formal speech, “tell them, it would be an absolute honour and pleasure to have them in our academy. The meeting and gathering would be held among few of us and department members only. Would be taking extra precautions and surveillance for whatever it takes. And we would be immensely thrilled if they could join us for  dinner.” And then waited for Dae-Min to translate.

Nam exchanged his words in his broken English “We’d definitely make it. We are excited. And please pardon my English.”

Bsong continued, “thank you for inviting us in person. It meant a lot…”

June was listening attentively and focused on every word they said. She can’t afford to miss a single thing.

Nam held a gentle smile on face and asked “so you guys are students, I presume?”

“Yes, Sir. We are pursuing PhD in avionics engin…...”, June’s soft and shaky voice gasped abruptly when a pleasant voice rendered her flow.

Annyeonghaseyo!! I’m Junang. I’m sorry I was in a private call.” Said Junang apologetically and managed to position himself right in front of June and held out his hand.

‘oh fuck’, June yelped.

Suddenly everything stormed off.

A gust of air blew through her, rummaging everything she had planned for this moment.

A whirling sensation that began deep in her gut and rose to her chest. Her past memories were fading. Her brain was rejecting every toxic noise around her. She could see no one except Junang’s ethereal face.

Junang was reflecting a pleasant smile, widening his perfect lips to display his more perfect immaculately straight teeth. A faint green shade on his clean shaven cheeks were seeking attention desperately. His face had doubled his curious expression since past night.

His fluffy lips are probably the most kissable lips that June has ever encountered.

His toned jaw line was screaming for a physical touch that June had been resisting.

The black mole on his right neck was present there only for adding oil in the fire.

‘How could such a face exist?’, June spoke in her mind. It was unearthly, perfectly flawed.

Men no longer need to be tall, dark and handsome. They are perfect when they are innocent with smooth and fair skin. He definitely redefines male beauty.
--

The throbbing sound of June’s pumping heart beats echoed every vacant corner of the room and filling it with her recreational spirit.

The inner child inside her was threatening to leap and bounce but the adult June had been controlling it with everything she could. A thunderbolt of blankness ran past her slaying the skin and rattled her heart.

Junang had held a serene smile on his face, enough to notify he was delighted to see her. June recognised, it was the same smile that he had showered while interacting with her in the Concert. But what for? Does he get this excited every time he meets or connects with fans?

--

June was deeming for an easiest way to communicate. She wanted to state how sublime their performance was last night; how she hadn’t been able to sleep after seeing him; how solemnly her life revolves around him and how miserably she was failing to control the urge of touching the mole on his neck.

She also wanted to convey her gratitude to him for helping her escape into music world.

The thought of holding his hand made her alert. She came around her senses about how should she behave before her idol.

She inhaled softly, trying to steady her pounding heart.

“hello, Sir, my name is June”. keeping the saga of formal lines, she did a bow and went on, “I’m a student of NIAS, Belgium. We are here to invite you in person to our academy…. ”

Junang tightened their handshake and smiled expansively, “June? Pleasure meeting you in person, Miss June! Hope you had enjoyed our show”.

The last chance of June’s survival just flung out of the window.

“yes, sir.”, June cleared her throat, “it was phenomenal”.

Her heart raced, breath accelerated when Junang took her name. She had a super human feeling as in she had triumphed over millions of fan girls without even entering into the battle field.

“Pleasure, Miss June!”. There was no trace of annoyance or disappointments on his face. He rather looked radiant and energetic.

“ummm…. You were amazing. You came twice. I can’t believe I’m meeting you in person…”, June was pouring her heart out.  She felt an enormous energy source bubbling inside her heart.

June was hungrier for more conversation with him but waited patiently, ‘any minute now’ when she would wake up from a fantasy and everything would go back to ancient.

Well, it didn’t.

But she would have preferred waking up and rued over than facing the next thing that happened.

***

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊