Chapter 16: An unforgettable experience

"You are the first civilian ever to enter this place", June grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"Really? I'm having goose bumps already." Junang's face exhibited a good mixture of amazement and honour when he followed June into the laboratory.

The first thing Junang encountered in the room were a varieties of drones and UAVs, arranged orderly in a row. It was equipped with modern material tasting equipment that Junang had never seen.

There are few open cubicles, allotted with names engraved above. It took less than a minute for Junang to find June's name.

"This is my life, J. This is where I belong.", June's voice laced with warmth and courtesy.

Junang walked directly to the cubicle where June's name was written.

"Would you mind if I sit"? His hands brushed the back of the chair.

"By all means", June tried with every cells in her body to hold back the simmering tears dancing in her eyes.

'I must have saved a nation in my previous life', June spoke to her mind while relishing the idea of being together with the man of her life who was following her in work place, sitting in the same chair where she sits and gaping at her like she was a goddess or something. How the hell will she survive this?

"That Sod Kevin, where does he sit?" Junang's rumble voice echoed the room.

"Kev? He doesn't work here.". June blinked her eyes to prevent tears from rolling down.

"He doesn't?", Junang asked hurriedly. A relief was clearly detectable in his voice.

"Nope. Come over J, this way" June guided Junang towards the drones.

--

"There are so many. Wow."

Junang was startled in the beginning. He was caught off-guard. Now his eyes were wide open and he was tottering the whole room.

His sparkling eyes were filled with the magnificent views. His mouth gaped open and the tip of his tongue was sweeping between both his lips. The other reactions of his face indicated how profoundly he was mesmerized by the technologies.

"Is this the one will make it to the Mars"? Junang asked curiously.

"it's a prototype I have made". June replied in her usual manner.

"You have made this"! Junang's eyes broadened. He was taken by surprise.

He knew June was no ordinary human. But this was way bigger than Junang's entire career.

"You amazed me, June"! He couldn't hold back his wonderment.

--
While Junang was watching attentively and reading the key points about the drones, June stood in a corner, treasuring every bit of the moments, sipping the beauty of 'her World'.

'Is this a dream'? She was experiencing a sense of timelessness like she had dreamt all this uncountable times and now that she was living in it. She was watching the man beneath the celebrity.

She felt an urge to fathom the distance, touch his lips and stop the time forever.

--

We all are rational in our own mind unless we are lightning-struck by the boon named Love, guided by a indecent range of hormonal charges, selfish domination and unreasonable bunch of scattered emotions.

To love someone is a beautiful feeling; to love someone without the tiniest hope of being loved in return by the same person is like jumping off a plane without a parachute in the midst of Pacific Ocean in a wintry midnight. Dying on the other hand would be a much better option to be honest!