Chapter 896

Matt's POV: As I made my way down to the basement, I smiled when I walked into the bedroom me and Gabby were staying in to see her sitting in bed with Matteo. "Someone tired?" I looked up at me and sighed. "I didn't sleep much last night. I went over our bags a few times." I nodded and sighed. "Gabby, I told you we have everything. Trust me." Gabby nodded and watched as I set the last of everything down on the bed. I then went to close the door and smiled at her. "Think maybe you can set up the crib where you want it? I would love to spend some time with him." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Sure thing, you deserve time with him."

I nodded and went to grab Matteo form her. "Hey little guy, you ready to spend Christmas with your extended family?" Moving to sit on the other side of the bed, I smiled as I held him on my chest. I then kissed his head and smiled. "Oh, someone is cuddly today." Gabby chuckled and smiled. "Yes, he is. I might ask if we can just have time here before we all get together." That's when I heard Jay come downstairs. "I was about to recommend that. Also, I wanted to let you know we have the food taken care of every night. Me and Will are the hosts."

Gabby turned around to look at him and nodded. "Not like I was going to offer to cook much considering we have an almost 4 month old son." He agreed and nodded before smiling. "Mind maybe if I take a quick look at him? I haven't really met him since he was born. We always talk about him and stuff but...I haven't seen him in person." Matt nodded and smiled. "Here, come practice holding him. You're going to need to know how to do this when Erin gives birth." Jay was about to walk over when Gabby stopped him. "You wash your hands?"

Jay nodded. "Erin won't let me touch her without washing my hands ever since she got pregnant." I chuckled and nodded when I heard Erin from the door. "Shut it Casey. You don't understand the paranoia that pregnant women go through. Right now, we are in a pandemic. The only reason I agreed to this was because we all got tested. Had we not got tested, me and Jay would still be isolating at home. Nothing is going to happen to this baby. Sorry but, I am not risking my marriage and life." Jay then turned to look at Erin. "Babe, I'm not going anywhere."

Erin sighed and turned around to walk away to their room. Jay then turned to look at us. "Think I can get a rain check on holding Matteo? I think I need to talk to her about what she just said." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Don't think you need to talk to her about what she just said, know you do." Jay nodded and agreed before walking out of our room to go talk to Erin. Gabby then looked at me and smiled as she walked up to her bags. "I'm going to go get changed." I then looked at her. "Go where to get changed? Gabby, I'm your husband."

Gabby nodded and chuckled. "Sorry, still shaken after last week. It brought back those bad memories." I understood what she meant. "Just remember it was just thunder, not a camera flash. And we both know that if it was a camera flash, that guy would've been dead!" Gabby nodded and went to take off her shirt so that she could grab a t-shirt. She then took off her pants and folded them up. Putting her bag on a dresser and her pants in one of the drawers, I then watched as she walked up to the bed. Getting in, I smiled at her. "No PJs?"

Gabby looked up at me. "You complaining about what I'm wearing?" I shook my head and then looked at Matteo. "He's sleeping. How about I set up the crib, we can put it in and then I can join you in bed?" Gabby agreed and smiled. "Close the door." I nodded and then went to pass her Matteo. Once he was in her arms, I kissed her forehead before getting up and going to close the door. I then turned back around to look at her and smiled so that I could get Matteo's crib set up.