Jess said.

"I knew that you will understand. As soon FP told me, the denial kicked in hard because of Everly's age and the similarities with ballet recital and all. I immediately feared Everly will push me with the questions that I asked my dad and I will snap."  

When they got home, Matthew looked hopeful but is aware of Dad passing as Veronica told him. But within excitement, Matt see his mommy thinking dad was right behind her or getting stuff out of the car, but when the door opened and Jess wheeled in, his face fell as it was only Archie even though he loves his Goddaddy so much.

"Oh Mommy."

He said quietly. Jessica hugged her son as he cried a bit.

"We will get through this."

She tells him.

"You hear me?"

Matthew nodded as he stays strong for his loving mother.

"Yes mom it is surreal that he is not here. Mainly I'm worried about you since he is your high school sweetheart and that he is always there for you."

Jess breathe wondering where Everly is.

"Where is your sister?"

Everly came in looking happy and unaware of everything.

"Mommy!!!!!!"

The two hugged. They sat down at the table and Jess quickly prayed and nervously slowly start the conversation as Archie and Veronica sit with Jess. Matthew who was aware of the whole story, videotape this conversation in case Jess snaps at Everly at some point.

"Everly, I want to begin with: you remind me of my younger self when I was your age. I love dancing with such passion and during every rehearsal, it take me back to my mother your grandmother and I as my mom would cheer me on along with Grandma Mary and Grandma Gladys. When your grandmother passed, I had a hard time understanding of what happened and why she was not coming to my first recital. I know that you have worked so hard with yours and that you are very excited to perform in front of everyone. My point is Daddy won't be able to watch you perform."

Everly listened and sort of process but you can tell that she was too excited about her performance just like Jess once was.

Veronica said.

"Everly, do you understand what Mommy is telling you?"

Everly fibbed just to contain her excitement.

"Yes of course!"

Jess didn't feel relieved knowing that she is not getting it, but Jess let it go.

"Ok go play!"

Everly left to play in her room. Once she was out of sight, Jessica rest her head on the table as Archie rubbed her back as she knew what was going to happen as Everly's recital come close.

"I'm dreading the minute her excitement get to the familiar question like I did with my Dad! That is why I tried to tell her now."

Veronica, Matt and Archie understood.  

Matthew said.

"I did video it in case you snapped and latch out so I can explain."

Jess appreciate the help and said.

"I'm scared that she will back out like I did. Do you understand son?"

Matthew was speechless.

"I didn't know how deep the similarities of the scenario were between you and Everly."

Jess nodded.

"Very. When your grandpa FP utters the words Jess, he's gone it made me realize Everly is 10, she is practicing for a dance recital and if I don't say it now rather than close to the recital she is going to grill me with questions. My fear once she realized Dad is truly gone, she will back out and I'm not going to let that happen. I backed out because I saw the future without my mom (your Grandmother) because she was a dancer herself, I wanted her cue to know when to begin."

Matthew understood.