chapter twenty two

ten years later...
age: 26

Everyone took photos and flashed their light on the art piece that was exclusively being presented in the art galla in Garland City, a city in the mainland.

"Y/N L/N! Y/N L/N! Please let me interview you on your international art piece!" a man with a microphone and camera asked.

You turned your head towards him. You were standing in heels and a suit as you smiled at him. "Sure."

"Tell me, what is the meaning behind the infamous art piece 'Beyond The Bright Sea'?" the interviewer asked

That's right, after you graduated college your art piece was as famous as the "Starry Night" or "Mona Lisa". There was no one in history who didn't know the art piece "Beyond The Bright Sea".

"When I was in highschool I met a boy who taught me how to live when he was dying himself. I regret not telling him how I feel but... the past is the past. I have to keep moving forward." you said and at that point many people with camera's and microphones started directing their attention towards you instead of the magnificent art work.

"Tell me more about this boy. What's his name?" the interviewer asked.

"His name was Eren. He was the greatest boy to ever be alive. Me and him come from a terrible place called Marvin Island where it was almost impossible to leave the island without being crazy rich. He always wanted to know what it was like in the mainland so... I went to the mainland for him." you answered.

"Where is he now?" he asked.

You sighed as you nibbled your bottom lip. "Somewhere high in the sky. I hate Ebola..." you muttered the last part.

Gasp and murmurs could be heard amongst people from the tragic back story of the art piece.

"I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the interview." he said and then more people wanted to interview you but your manager immediately shooed people away knowing it was your break time.

You walked outside the art galla as you peered everyone walking into the huge stadium.

"I cannot believe how crazy people are." Annie said.

Yes, Annie is your manager. She graduated college with a Bachelor of Business Management. When you heard the news you immediately flied her and Armin (who were engaged at the time) to the mainland to start life here and for Annie to be your manager.

Of course, after they both got tons of money they sent some to their family members and they flew here too.

Pieck and Porco decided to stay back saying that they didn't care if they were in Marvin Island or not.

"Yep." you said as you let out a dry chuckle.

"So," Annie said. "how are you?"

You scrunched your eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean how are you I'm fine." you said.

"Don't lie." Annie said. "I know talking about him is still hard on you. I know how much you cried that day."

Heartache began to rise in your chest. "I just need some air." you said and started walking towards your car.

You started it and changed it to the destination you always went to.

The beach.

After about 20 minutes you were finally there. You took off your heels to step in the sand and looked beyond the sea back at the direction Marvin Island is.

All the memories from ten years ago played in your head and you couldn't help but feel bittersweet about what happened there.

"Do you see me, Eren?" you asked sorrowfully. "I crossed the sea for you."