chapter nine

It has been a month since you've dated Jean.

You have gotten along quite well with Jean's friend group. Of course there were still some complications with Historia and Mikasa but surprisingly they never bothered you.

Annie was quite surprised but supportive. Annie herself actually has been hanging out with the group more too because her and Armin started dating recently.

For Eren though, ever since you and Jean officially got together, he started hanging out with other kids such as Mina Carolina, Thomas Wagner, Floch Forster, Hitch Dreyse, and Marlowe Freudenberg. Occasionally, Armin and some others would check up on him but other than that, he hasn't talked to you since.

You never got an official answer but you knew Eren didn't like the fact that you and Jean were dating as whenever you and Jean would hold each other's hands while walking through the hallways, he would roll his eyes and scowl. At first it bothered you but now it didn't.

Jean has been nothing but kind, sweet, and caring for you. And when you both felt like it, he would take you on the back of his motorcycle throughout Rowan City at night like the first time you guys did it.

Your life honestly did a 180. You used to be this quiet introverted girl that wanted nothing to do with the spotlight, but now you were officially apart of the 'popular group' and went out partying and getting drunk every week with Jean.

Currently right now, Jean has an arm over your shoulder as you were both sitting down at the cafeteria with Connie, Sasha, Armin, and Annie eating lunch.

"But anyways that's how I got gum stuck in my trumpet." Connie explained as one time in elementary school he was preforming a solo for band but he was chewing gum while playing so he accidently got gum stick in there mid-way through the performance.

Laughs erupted from the table. "Wow, Connie. You should take band as a club this semester." Sasha joked.

"Actually, I am." Connie responded.

"Really? I'm taking cooking classes because I want to eat the food there." Sasha drooled.

"You're too crazy for food, Sasha." you joked and Sasha screamed out a 'WHAAAT?'.

"What club are you taking, Y/N?" Jean asked and you shrugged.

"I don't know... I might take cooking as well..." you answer.

"Didn't Jean say you did art? What about two-dimensional art?" Armin asked and you immediately shook your head.

"No way. My mom would kill me-"

"Y/N." Jean said sternly. "C'mon. You have to take art. That would piss her off even more!"

"That's exactly why I don't want to-"

"You need to stop letting people control what you do in life! If you want to take art. Take art." Jean insisted and you sighed.

He was right. You did want to take art. Even though you were good at art you knew you could be better.

"Fine... I'll take art." you announced and the table erupted in cheers as Jean lightly kissed your forehead.

You smiled as they started cheering and laughing and you look over at another table to see Eren with his hoodie up all alone at a table. His eyes were red and his eye bags were darker. Pang of guilt washed over you as you saw him all alone. Usually, he would be the one in your position and you in his. Except this time, he would take it out of his time to go sit with you even if you were alone.

-

After lunch you signed up for the art club.

A few more weeks have passed and now it was your first time joining the art club. It was after school and you shyly walk into the art room. The art teacher was not there yet so everyone there was just chatting away with their friends. You knew no one there so you awkwardly sat on your stool and stared at your empty easel.