chapter nineteen

You're an absolute nervous wreck. You walk up in the line alongside Levi and Petra as you're supposed to submit your entry and then they'll share all the art pieces at the end. The winner gets a scholarship and a free flight to Urvord University in the main land.

But you're not trying to win, you just want Eren to see your piece.

You refused to show Levi and Petra your painting because you also wanted to surprise them and also not get bombarded with questions about Eren.

You get to the front of the line. "Hello, you got your art work, hun?" the lady at the desk asked.

"Yes, here you go and this is the script I want you to say when it is presented." you said respectfully.

The lady eyed the painting up and down and then looked at the script and smiled. "This is so sweet. Will do. Good luck!" she said.

You then left the front desk with Levi, Petra, and Haven. "Hey, I'm going to go meet up with my friends. Is that okay?" you asked.

"Sure! Hey, Haven. Do you want to go play games and rides?" Petra asked.

"No." Haven responded emotionlessly and Petra frowned.

"Geez, Haven. Act like a child for once." you said.

Haven sighed in annoyance. "Fine, where do you wanna go, mom?" Haven asked.

"Let's go get cotton candy!" Petra beamed.

"I have to watch these two so you should go." Levi said.

"Okay! Cya! Bye, love you!" you said as you walked away.

"Love you!" they called out.

You then walked through the crowd as there were games, food stands, and merry go rounds. You pulled out the group chat to see where everyone was.

jackets are for the weak 🥶🔫‼️💯

Y/N
Where are you guys

Pieck
at the merry go round
liked by @y/nl/n 1:28pm

You made your way over to the visible merry go round that wasn't too far from you and saw Pieck, Annie, Armin, and Porco there doing who knows what.

"Hey, guys." you greeted.

"Heyy! Did you turn in your art piece?" Pieck asked.

"Mhm. Where's Eren?" you asked.

"He's not here yet but he texted me saying that he will be." Armin said and you felt yourself grow more nervous by the second.

"Aw, don't be shy, Y/N. He's gonna be here but in the meantime, I WANT FOOD." Pieck exclaimed and started running off towards food stands with Porco following her.

"Come on, let's go." Annie said as her and Armin walked towards them - Armin's arm over her shoulder.

You followed them as you played games, ate food, did the usual carnival stuff people did at festivals. It went on like this for an hour and soon it was time for the art competition so you all decided to settle in on a large plate of carne asada fries at a random table.

"Oh my gosh, this is so good." Armin said as he ate it.

"Mhm." Pieck hummed.

Carne asada fries are fries on a plate that is covered with cheese, guacamole, queso, chopped up vegetable toppings, and last but not least carne asada meat. It's absolutely amazing.