chapter sixteen

"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, guys! I'm going to fall!" Pieck cried out as she awkwardly tried to skate on her roller skates.

After a week of paying suspension, you, Annie, and Pieck attended a school event where you all went roller skating. You've skated before so you knew how to skate and the same thing applies to Annie but Pieck was on the verge of falling.

"HELP!" Pieck cried out.

"Just push off like this." Annie said as she showed Pieck how to do it.

"No way. I'm going to the railing, bye." Pieck said as she skated away to the wall.

Now it was just you and Annie skated while music was booming through the loud speakers and the lights were off and the only thing that was used as light was neon lights shining in the roller rink.

"Sup, ladies!" a voice yelled and all of a sudden Eren came zooming past you while roller skating backwards with a large smile.

Of course this man would be amazing at roller skating.

"Eren?! I thought you were sick." you yelled out as you skated faster to keep up with Eren. Now you were skating while Eren was in front of you skating backwards.

"Nah. I'm good now. WEEE!" Eren cheered as he did a twirl then started skating ahead of you. Then Annie came up behind you.

"I saw Armin at a table with our food so I'mma get out of the rink." Annie announced.

"Okay cya!" you called out.

You then started skating by yourself until yet again, Eren comes up behind you and skating backwards while facing you like before.

"Eren I swear I'm going to fall if you keep on doing that." you said as you regained your balance.

"Grab on." Eren said as he held out both of his hands. You giggled as you hesitantly put your hands in his palms as they fit perfectly in his bigger hands.

Eren then started looking back wards while skating to make sure he wasn't bumping into anyone and started skating faster and you got a little startled. You then realized what Eren was trying to do.

He was trying to drag you.

"EREN! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!" you yelled out in fear but for some reason there was also a smile on your face.

"You'll be fine! Just trust me." Eren said as he still kept looking back while skating faster.

Your skates started going faster than his so you were starting to get really close to him. He noticed this so he still had one hand with your palm in it while the other was holding your waist.

Heat rised up in your cheeks and your heart stammered by the sudden choices of his hand placement as you guys skated.

"How do you like it? Better than being on a motorcycle?" Eren jokingly said.

"Way better!" you yelled out as you looked into his turquoise eyes and he let a low chuckle leave his mouth.

"Eren!" a feminine voice called out and you both look to see Historia gracefully skating towards you both - more like Eren.

"Oh crap. I gotta go!" Eren said as he avoided Historia.

You decided to get off the roller rink and skate towards one of the tables Annie, Armin, Pieck, and Porco were at.

"Hey guys." you said as you sat down and everyone else greeted you too. "Wow, I feel like I'm third wheeling." you commented making everyone laugh in nervousness, especially Porco and Pieck.

"Well where's Eren?" Pieck asked and you pointed to Eren who was frantically skating away backwards from Historia who was actually pretty good at skating so she was able to keep up from him.

"Oh I thought he was sick?" Annie commented.

"No, I saw him yesterday at school." Armin said.

You all talked with each other while laughing and eating. Eventually, you accidently dropped your phone. Without thinking to much about it, you went down and picked it up.

"Nice view." a males voice said behind you and then laughter amongst other people could be heard as you turned your head to see it was Connie who said those disgusting cat-calling words while farmiliar faces like Sasha, Ymir, Reiner, Marco, Mikasa, and Jean laughed.

You then realized you were wearing tight jeans. Feeling defeated and disgusted you just decided to ignore it and sit back down. Thankfully nobody heard or noticed the disgusting words that came out of Connie's mouth so nobody made a fuss about it so the mood wasn't brought down.

Though, that didn't help make you feel-less insecure and self-conscious about your appearance.

For the next 30 minutes you, Annie, Armin, Pieck, and Porco talked with each other and cracked up jokes, every once in awhile Eren would come to the table to say hello and steal your garlic fries.

You got up from your seat to go put more water in your cup from the water fountain until you looked up to see Jean there staring at you with a frown.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Jean asked.

You inhaled as you knew your next choice of words might be risky. "...about what?" you asked.

"About our breakup." Jean answered.

"What's there to talk about? You cheated and I got mad." you said casually.

"I know but... I just want to apologize." Jean said which made you utterly confused. "I'm not saying this to get back with you I just tried convincing myself what I did was right because you refused to have sex with me. What I did was wrong. I'm sorry." Jean said.

You didn't really know what to say. It was kinda of a moment where you'd have to at least take a day to take in your thoughts and think for a moment.

"Well... I'm glad you know what you did was wrong." you said as you skated back to your table leaving Jean there at the water fountain.

In reality, Jean was actually dared to pretend to say sorry to you but decided that he really did mean the apology.

-

"That is all, please have the notes done by Friday before the festival on Saturday." you math teacher announced before the school bells rang and everyone arouse from their seats and head out of class.

You walked the hallways before you felt an arm sling over your shoulders and looked up to see Eren with a smile.

"Heyyy, can I take you to the festival on Saturday? It'll be funn~" Eren coed.

"Sure but I'm actually entering in for the art competition. But you should hang out with Pieck, Porco, Annie, and Armin in the meantime when I'm not there." you suggested.

"Yes! Rebelling against your mother is the highlight of your life! What are you painting?" Eren asked and you brought out the paper work from your backpack and looked at it while Eren looked at it over your shoulder. "'Something that makes you feel alive'? Lame." Eren joked and you let out a chuckle.

"Whatever. What should I paint? It has be something good that'll let me get a scholarship by a fancy art painting school." you said.

"Me, obviously." Eren said as he pointed his fingers towards himself.

"No way." you said.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because I said so." you retorted and he let out a groan in defeat and annoyance.

"Whatever. I have to go, my dad just came home and plus, it's Thursday, I've got my Call Of Duty appointments with Floch!" Eren said and walked away while waving.

"Bye!" you yelled out.

You then were left walking in the middle of the hallway with your paper of the art competition of the festival in your hands while wondering...

...what makes you feel alive?