chapter three

You weren't going to lie, you had an amazing time with Armin. He was a really cool guy to be around and you totally got why Annie liked a dude like him in the first place. He was great.

You looked at your phone as you sat at your desk doing random doodles as you saw that it was almost seven pm. The time, you usually meet Eren at the beach. You then got another notification from Snapchat. Amused that you got any notifications at all from a social media app, you open it and look at the notification.

arminalert82 has added you as a friend!

Added you from Quick Add.

Accept or Deny?

You obviously clicked the accept button and smiled. You get into a oversized big blue hoodie Eren gave you once and wore it to go out. Before you left your room, though, you saw on your computer an ad from your school about a festival that is coming up at the end of the year. Of course, you and Eren go every year but what was new was an art competition that would involve art scouts from different colleges.

The truth is, you love painting. Or drawing, doodling, it doesn't matter. All you needed was paper or a canvas - a matter of fact, anything that you can express you emotions through. Sadly, you put away your paints at age thirteen when your mother reminded you of the real world. The place you lived in named Marvin Island, there was no career painting. Just a silly hobby.

You stare intently at the ad until you hear someone from behind you clear their throats harshly. You turn around to see your mother scowling at you and you mentally groan as you knew she was about to lecture you because her body language was arms crossed and a hip jointed out.

"Why are you are looking at that?" she asked harshly.

"I was just looking at random things on the school board for the festival at the end of the school year. Why do you care?" you ask with a tad bit of attitude and your mom slaps your shoulder.

"You don't give me that tone of voice! And I care because I told you to give up art a long time ago. You won't have a future if you think painting will get you anywhere. I don't even get how anyone can actually get famous from painting! It's just colors and lines... it's dumb." your mother complained.

Deep down inside, you wanted to argue with her saying that paintings and art could have a deep and bone-chilling meaning and purpose behind it. But it would only end up in an argument with her taking away your phone and forbidding you from staying out of your room. You bit on your tongue to hold back all the things you wanted to scream in her face to have freedom.

"Anyways, you better be getting straight A's. Science isn't going to well for you so you better get on your A game. Literally." your mom said and left the room.

You groaned as you slumped back down into your chair as it made you spin. Your mom didn't care about you other than making sure you get a good job that can make you rich so she can leech off of you. Your mom works at some office where shy types all day - in all honesty, you didn't care about your mom's job or what she even does. All you know is that she has to work 24/7 to make you and her stay alive.

Your father on the other hand was completely out of the picture. Your dad and your mom used to get into so many fights that he one day couldn't take it anymore a left without saying a word. You were only eight so it didn't effect you that much as at the time you only cared about barbie dolls or who was the rotten egg at the play ground.

Before you knew it, you were already out the door already on your way to Marvin Beach. Marvin Beach surrounded the whole entire island so no matter where you're from, you can go to Marvin Beach either if it's a three hour drive, or a couple of blocks from your house. The second example was your case. Although you might think being next to a beautiful beach is good, it's not. Marvin Island gets lots of tsunami's so the richer people on Marvin Island want to live in the interior part of the island rather than the outskirts which you had the misfortune to be one of the people on the outskirts.