chapter twelve

March 29, 2020
two months later

It had been a few weeks ever since Jean cheated on you. The first few weeks, you were crying a lot but everytime, Eren would always put you in a better mood somehow.

Whether I'd be karaoke, watching a movie, going out to eat, or simply just hanging out, he was always there for you.

Annie and Armin were distancing themselves from Jean a lot ever since Jean cheated. Armin felt kind of bad since he's done that to many other girls and Armin did nothing. Sasha and Connie didn't really care about your feelings or what Jean did to you, they still kept being friends with Jean which you didn't really care as much since you found Sasha and Connie lowkey annoying, always asking if you had food she could eat or Connie always asking you where his hug at.

You always wanted to respond with "I don't know?" but you were too nice.

Connie and Sasha weren't mean to you though. It's just they didn't stop hanging out with Jean. Probably because they both know Jean has done stuff like that before.

Mikasa and Historia stilled acted like brats towards you but that was a daily routine that you were used to.

You still couldn't get over the fact that your art teacher - Mr. Ackerman - was your dad. You had many talks with your mom and him and you all sorted things out.

Flashback

You, your mom, and Levi sit at the dinner table silently as Levi took a sip of his tea.

"So is he like living with us now or what?" you asked breaking the silence.

"No. I'm not." Levi responded.

"Why?"

"Because me and your mom would get into too many arguments. We don't want you to grow up in a household that constantly has family problems." Levi answered.

"What are you doing now?" you asked.

Levi stayed quiet for a moment before answering. "...I have a wife and a daughter. I go home to them." Levi responded.

"Mom, do you know about that?" you asked and she nods. "Do they know about us?"

"They do. I told my wife, Petra, about you when we first met. You haven't met her though." Levi answered.

"One more question... why didn't you fought for me?" you asked as you stared into your father's steel eyes.

"...because I was poor growing up. Your mother was not but she still decided she wanted to be with me. In the end, she threw me away like unrecyclable garbage." Levi said with a provoking remark at the end.

"First, don't say that. You-" your mother was about to argue but you cut her off.

"Okay, okay, okay. That's all I want to know." you said. It was quiet for a really long time as nobody knew what else to say. "Are we done?" you asked.

"Yeah." Levi said as he got up to leave.

You went to the mudroom and opened the door for him. As he headed out the door he stopped midway. "And Y/N... I'm sorry." Levi said but this time his voice was harsh but softened.