chapter six

You munch on your sandwich boredly as you see the soccer boys play soccer out in the field. You were currently on the bleachers eating lunch alone. You didn't know why but your mind kept coming back to last night. You haven't seen Eren and you didn't want to. It hurt to see your best friend do such an act with the girl who makes your life 10x miserable than it already is. Or maybe it was jealousy... who knows.

Off in the distance, you can see on the other bleachers across the field two farmiliar blondes sitting next to each other, also eating lunch. You squinted your eyes to see it was Annie and Armin talking. You guessed they finally had the guts to see each other and talk.

For the rest of the day, school went by quickly. You got home, finished your homework, and watched some Netflixs.

You decided to take a stroll around your basement to see anything interesting since you were super bored and came across old photos. It was when your mom was a teenager. All of her photos were of her partying or in revealing dresses with girls and guys around her with the usual 90s haircut.

As you boredly look at the nostalgic and vintage photos you come across your mom's wedding photo. She was wearing a beautiful white dress. You could see she was side hugging someone and you looked to see who was the man she married - what he looked like but the half of the photo was cut off by scissors.

You had no idea what your father looked like nor what his name is or who he was. Just like your mom, he was a workaholic but ten times worst. All you knew was that he had black hair. Your mother had the same hair and hair color as you. Actually - most of your genes are from your mom.

Then, something colorful caught your eye and look up to see in the corner of the basement some rainbowic color. You picked up the canvas and your eyes widened.

It was a painting. Not just any type of art, it's was so beautiful.

 Not just any type of art, it's was so beautiful

Credits | Clare Elsaesser

It was a painting of your mom with flowers covering her face. The signature at the bottom corner of the canvas was scraped off completely so you didn't know who made this art piece.

Feeling a serge of motivation you decided to do the unthinkable. You were going to try and paint. You ghostly flick the lights on in your garage and see the cold sentiment floor that was splattered in different colors shine. The walls were white but once again splattered with paint and colors. A desk filled with brushes, paints, pens, waterpens, cups, art stuff and etc.

You sit down at one of the tables and grab a canvas. Already in your mind, you knew what you wanted to paint. You didn't know why, it just came to you naturally.

For the rest of the day, you worked your butt off painting that blank canvas into something beautiful. Occasionally getting your clothes and the floor beneath you dirty with paint but the outcome you were visioning was worth it.

You knew that your entire life, it has been a blank canvas. Empty and not interesting. If you were in an art gallery, people would ask why you were even there. But little by little, you knew that your blank canvas was getting a splash of color the more you put yourself out there.

-

Finally, after seven and a half hours of pure work and stroking of the brush, you finished your painting.

Credits | Etsy

You smile big as you let out a big exhale of accomplishment. You were so proud of this piece. Even though it took you until night, it was worth it. You enjoyed it so much.

"Uhh, excuse me?!" you heard a voice behind you say and you turn around to see your mom with an angry expression.

"Mom, I was just-"

"No, that's it. I gave you so many chances." your mom says as she goes over and grabs the canvas and your eyes widen. "I thought I could trust you by not throwing out your paints!" she yelled as she waved the canvas around.

"Mom! Be careful I-"

"No! I told you so many times!" she says as she throws the canvas on the ground and stomps it with her foot multiple times.

A lump grows in your throat as tears started to grow in your eyes as you see every movement your mom makes. Then coiling anger bubbles up.

"You know what mom?! I hate you! What have I ever done wrong?!" you yell and she pauses her stomping. "I do my homework and do good in school and the one time I want to do something I want to do you hate it?! I am so done with your nonsense!" you say as you grab the cup that you used to clean your brushes and throw it onto her as the water splattered onto her and she gasped and yelped.

You stomp out of the garage and heading upstairs to get your phone and earbuds and quickly make your way downstairs to leave. You take one last peak into the garage to see your mom on her knees crying.

"Please tell me..." she mutters as she buries her hands into her face. "What do I do now, Levi?"

You had no idea who Levi was but you were too angry to care. You made your way out of the door and went to who knows where. You let your body move to wherever it wanted to.

As you listened to your playlist on Spotify, you realized you were now stepping in sand. You look out to see you were at the beach and you were walking towards the area you and Eren usually meet up. And there you are, staring at his farmiliar back facing you. He was staring out at the sea. Your body wanted to go towards him but your petty feelings declined.

Deciding it's best to not meet up with him right now, you decide on your second option. You dial the number and put it up to your ear.

"Hey, what's up?" Jean asked.

"Hey, I'm not feeling well right now. I have... family issues going on... wanna' hang out?" you asked.

There were multiple crashes on the other end. "Oh really? Yeah we can hang out. Where do you want to meet?" Jean asked.

"...can I hang out at yours?" you asked.

"Yeah, you can. Want me to pick you up?" Jean asked.

"Yeah. I'm at Marvin Beach by Shiganshina Neighborhood. I'm at the entrance of it." you explain.

"Ohhh, Shiganshina Neighborhood. That's where Mikasa lives." Jean commented and you weren't sure how he knew where Mikasa lives but you brushed that thought aside. "Ok. Wait for me until then. Cya'."

"Cya'."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
chapter lowkey
short but whatever.
-poopiebutt6901