55. Rise Chaos

-Chase-

-Chase-

One of the most difficult things I've ever had to do in my entire life was let Donovan be near Dante. I already hated that man with a burning passion, and I'd already promised myself to get rid of him the second we didn't need him anymore. He would try to kill Dante the second he didn't need us anymore, so he had signed his own fate.

When he finally left, I could start to relax. I had hardly even blinked during the few hours he was with us since I was so determined on keeping an eye on him.

A short while later, it was only me and Dante in the living room. The rest left to gather supplies, equipment, and most of all, people to help us. Ben was somewhere downstairs, checking up on Ronald.

"This is it," Dante muttered next to me, pulling me out of my hatred towards Donovan.

"This is it," I agreed just as quietly. "You'll have your revenge now, and we will find out everything there is to know about your condition."

"My kind. Not condition," he corrected me.

I was silent for a moment, for once thinking before speaking. I spoke anyway.

"Why do I have the feeling you don't want the cure?" I asked.

"If you can tame me..." Dante began, but I shook my head. "Why not? I'm powerful like this."

"I won't settle for only ten years with you," I said sternly.

"Twenty."

"Twenty at best," I corrected him. "Why would we need power? We are ending Killian and his entire family. We'll take what we need and burn the rest to the ground. We won't be in a danger like this ever again."

"Isn't it a bit naive to think like that? There are still plenty of humans who'd want to do the same. Hell, how can we be sure there aren't hundreds of labs like that all across the country?"

"Then we kill them all," I said, and I was completely serious.

"We need to work on your genocidal tendencies," he said, but he was smiling.

"Dante..." I sighed, getting up from my seat so I could sit down on his lap. "I am not going to lose you. We need that cure."

He watched me for a moment, but then wrapped his arms around me and sighed lightly. "All right."

"You promise me you'll take the cure once we find it?"

"I promise," he said, and I wanted to believe him, but... The past few days had changed him. For the better, of course, but I was still worried.

I leaned in to peck his lips. I'd make him take the cure, no matter what. I was not going to lose him ever again.

"We should start getting ready," Dante said, his smile turning devilish. "I can't wait to get this over with."