Chapter 11: She's good for you

Start from the beginning

"It's prettyyyyyy but I think Sir Lance here wants a different one" Chloe chuckles as she understands her brother's reaction

"Offfff to theeee lasttt dressss" Chloe closes it again..

Chloe sits me down on the mini sofa and looks at me with a bit more serious look.
"Do you like Lance?" She asks.
"I.. I.." I sighed
"I can't" I put on a fake smile as I try to pretend.
"What do you mean you can't?" Chloe asks again
"I don't deserve him"
"What do you mean? If you like each other.. then nothing else matters"
"He.. he doesn't.." I sighed and got up to change for the last dress
Chloe didn't respond any further..

I like this one.. seems quite formal enough but not too much.. plus it seems sexy.

"You like it?" Chloe asks as she opened the curtains

"Yeah.. does it look nice?" I asked Lance..
He nods "it is beautiful on you" He walks up to me.
I see he's changed his suit too.
We were both looking at the mirror together.
"Good thing I wore these.. I'm missing a necklace though" I said as I was worrying how the whole look went when..
"here.." he whispered.
Lance got something from his pocket and put a necklace on me..
"Lance.." I was surprised when I saw what it was..
"How'd you.." my heart fluttered. this was the necklace I wanted when were in the fun booths.
I was feeling butterflies.. it was as if the time slowed down and all I can see was this sweet moment.
"You were looking at it but didn't get it so I went back for it." He was acting shy and even scratch the back of his head.
"I love it... thank you" I smiled.
If he knew how I felt.. would he feel the same?
"Anything for you" he kissed my head.

"Ahkkk it's tooo sweet!! My eyes are gonna get blind. Let's go nowww" Chloe laughs as she was finishes her fiancé suit.
"Where to?" I asked as we hoped in his car
"It's a gathering for business partners but my parents won't be here so we were the ones to represent"
"So it's a formal meeting" I gasped
"No no just a fun gethering.. we're just going to drink and talk a bit.. You can rest after the first toast" He says as he hugs me and places his head on my neck.
"Babe" he falls asleep after some time.. I took a nap too.
"Sir. We're here" we woke up and our driver went out of the car giving us some alone time.
"Babe.. you don't have to do anything.. You're already doing much after coming with me here" Lance smiles and kisses me
"Lancee.. my makeup" he kisses me deeper as his hands move on to my waist.
"You're so sexy" He whispers as he kissed my ear down to my neck. "Hmm" I was getting aroused.
He kisses me again and was about to slip down my dress when
Knock knock
"Hey Lance! when are you planning to go out" we hear Chloe outside.
"Lilyyyyy" She calls.
Lance groans and pulls down the window.
"We'll be out" I quickly fixed my dress and reapplied my lipstick.
"Lance wait" I laughed and got a tissue.
"You got lipstick on you" I giggled.
"I would want more but we need to go apparently"
He puts his hand on my waist and we walked together inside.

It was a rich people formal party alright. The wine's scent filled the room as everyone was chattering.
I hear greetings and even business talks from different sides of the room.
"Lance and Chloe so glad you could make it" there's this couple who greeted them.
"Wow I see you brought dates" I put on a smile.
"She's a beauty. May I ask if she models for anyone?"
I shake my head. "She models for this guy right here" Chloe jokes as she points to Lance. Lance blushed. It's the first time I've seen it.. He's so cute.
"But really.. here if you're in Europe. Give me a call I would love to work with you" she hands me a business card.
I kept it in my bag. Is this how people function here.. seems too... open? I don't know I'm quite bothered and skeptical.

After the first toast, Lance went to greet the other guests. I went around the place and found myself talking with the other crowd. They said they were planning to invest in the Philippines. I don't know how but somehow I got inside the discussion and we were exchanging ideas. "But you see.. the return of investment would be far greater than of what you invested. Somehow it is still quite safe—" I was discussing with the options they were saying and what they heard. Since one of my job is to check the market, I did know stuff more than they did and so I gave my honest opinions.

"Babe.." Lance suddenly wraps his arms around my waist
"ohh! Lance! You've got a fine lady here"
"She's very smart" they complimented.
"Ohh noo.. that's too much" I laugh.
"Really.. she knows her way around the business"
"She's the best right?" Lance adds and kisses my cheek.
"She's good for you" Chloe adds as she looks so happy.
"Well the night is still young but we have to get going now" Lance gives his goodbyes and didn't let go of me until we got into the car.

"You're the best y'know.. you didn't really had to do that but you did and they all like you" Lance smiles and kisses me.

"Lance there's something I want to say.."
"Hmm" he answers weakly as he hugs me..
The car feels like its closing down. My heart's beating too fast I hope he doesn't hear it.
After a few seconds which felt like hours..
I plucked up the courage..

"Lance I.. I like you.."

🧩🧩🧩🧩

Would you confess first or wait for the guy first? 🥺
I think the story is going slow now? But I'll be uploading once a day.. I do have series of events in mind that would probably make this story longer. I do enjoy writing them 😊

Side note: do you like using images in the story or would you rather just read? Also, I feel like I always start the story in the mornings 😂 is it weird or does it cover more ground?

if you have any suggestions or reactions...

please comment xx