32- Rough Start

The POV changes a few times so my apologies if that bothers you.
Aizawa's POV

Izuku curled in on himself wrapping his wings in a cocoon as a last ditch effort to keep himself safe. No one knew what to do. Obviously they shouldn't try and touch him. That could only make things worse. He obviously wasn't going to talk. Aizawa felt bad about the bindings. Sadly he didn't have a choice. The hero committee said that he had to have them until it was proved that Izuku was no longer a threat. What ever Shigaraki did to the poor boy obviously scarred him. I can only imagine it was much worse than the first time around.

I sighed and quietly signaled to everyone to leave. We all walked quietly to the hallway. "He-he looked so scared. He's never been afraid of me before..." Hitoshi said. "Hey, I'm sure he was just in shock. He'll get better." Hizashi said pulling Hitoshi into a hug. I sighed. He's way worse than when we first found him. What am I going to do?

Todoroki's POV

They seemed to be having some kind of family moment, so I walked back into the room Midoriya was in. He was still in his makeshift cocoon in the corner when I entered. Midoriya barley survived whatever drug they gave him. He really was on the verge of life or death. Even then it altered his appearance a bit. His once pale skin now had black patches of scales. He has a large patch on his right shoulder and has another on his left side. His right foot is also covered in the black scales. Izuku has a particularly notable patch on his right eye. It covers about the same as my scar.

Midoriya probably didn't notice them through. He was probably to scared to pay any attention. I walk over to Izuku's corner and crouch in front of him. "Hey Midoriya?" I say quietly trying not to startle him. He still jumped a bit. "Midoriya, it's Todoroki. I'm not going to hurt you or touch you, you can come out." I say softly, like trying to convince a frightened kitten from under a couch. He opened his wings a bit to look at me before opening his mouth as if to say something but never did. "It's ok, you can speak." I tell him. He looked hesitant.

"Y-you-you pro-p-promise?" He asked quietly. He looked so small and fragile. Like a single touch and he would shatter. "Yes, I promise." He let his wings slide to the floor, laying limply behind him. We sat quietly for a moment before Izuku spoke up. "C-can I hu-hug yo-you?" He asked softly. I made me chuckle at how cute the way he asked was. Though he had never asked in the past, it makes me sad to know he's scared to do what used to be normal for him. I nodded and he hesitated before crawling to me.

I sat on the floor rather than in the crouched position. He cautiously sat in front of me for a second before ultimately crawling onto my lap. He wrapped his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck in a koala style hold. Midoriya then laid his head on my left shoulder before promptly falling asleep. Heh he didn't want to hug he just wanted something other than the floor and hospital bed to sleep on. I stood up and decided that I wanted to be in my room, so that's where I'm taking him.

I walked out of RG's office and into the hall where everyone was still discussing what to do. They went silent as I walked out with Izuku in my arms. "How did you do that?" Aizawa asked in shock. "Shh he's asleep." I said quietly. "I'll explain later." I then continued my walk to the dorms. I had to be careful of Izuku's wings as they dragged a bit on the floor. Finally I got to my room undisturbed. I was worried someone would see me and try to stop me. Luckily for me, no one seemed to be in the dorm. I closed the door to my room behind me and laid Izuku on my bed.

He squirmed a bit before finding a pillow to snuggle into. I'm not even going to lie, I regret putting him down, I'm jealous of a freaking pillow. I grabbed a book and started to read while I waited for Izuku to wake up.

Izuku's POV

I had been awake for about a half an hour. I decided not to interrupt Todoroki's book. Besides what if he gets mad because I distract him. I don't want to get in trouble. I don't want to make anyone mad, they'll hit if I'm bad and I don't know the rules yet. Anything could make them angry.

Finally about an hour had passed before someone knocked on the door. I jumped a bit from the sudden noise. Todoroki didn't seem to notice though as he immediately went to answer the door. "Hello?" Shoto said as he opened the door. "Is Izuku awake yet?" I hear someone who sounded like Aizawa ask. "Yeah he's been awake for about an hour now." Todoroki answered. Wait he knew? Why didn't he say something, I have to use the toilet!! Though maybe he didn't want me to move and that's why he didn't say anything.

The two walk into the room and I could see the other person was, in fact, Aizawa. "Izuku?" The older male asked cautiously. I didn't say anything as that wasn't a direct question and really didn't want to get in trouble. "Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?" He asked taking a few steps toward me. I panicked and growled as I pushed myself against the wall. Aizawa took a step backwards to give me space. I relaxed a bit after he was farther away. "Midoriya, are you hungry? We can get you some food." Todoroki said in a monotone way though you could tell he cared.

I thought for a second on whether or not I should answer. "Y-yes pl-please...." I stutter out quietly, preparing to be hit or something. I was pleasantly surprised when nothing came. I didn't even have to look at them to know they were sad. "We'll be back in a few minutes." Shoto said and I heard the door close. I jumped out of the bed and ran to Todoroki's bathroom. I did my business and when I went to wash my hands I noticed my appearance.

Shocked, I jumped backwards and knocked a few of Todorokis things off the sink. The soap hit the ground with a thud as a bottle of Cologne shattered. The door to the bathroom swung open to reveal Todoroki and Aizawa. "What happened?" Todoroki said, more like yelled. "I-I-I" I stuttered. Todoroki took a step towards me and I knew I fucked up. Moved a little to fast away from his hands and ended up on the floor. Lucky my hands broke my fall, so they were the only thing thing that got glass stuck in them. There was a lot of blood though.

"Midoriya, are you ok?!" Todoroki asked as he made another movement to me. "I-I'm s-sor-sorry!! I di-didn't me-mean to-to!" I yelled terrified of the punishment I'd get. "I don't w-want to ge-get hurt! I-I'm sorry!!" I started to cry and pull at my hair. Todoroki quickly came over to me and pulled my hands away from my head. "I'm not going to hurt you, nether would Aizawa. Take a few deep breaths. It's ok I got you." Todoroki pulled me into a hug as I sobbed. "Shhhhh..... I got you, everything will be ok now." We stayed like that for a little while, me crying and holding Todoroki's shirt and Shoto whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

I finally stopped sobbing and was only sniffling. "You need to see recovery girl, she has to wrap your hands." Todoroki said softly. I nodded and he picked me up. Shoto continued to rub my back as he carried me to RG's office. I knew Aizawa was still there, he was keeping out of the way though. He probably knew I don't want him touching me. I don't want anyone touching me...... but Shoto is different. I know he'll be gentle.

He took me to recovery Girls office and at first I didn't let her touch me, but Shoto said it would be fine and he would hold me the entire time. I was half asleep by the time she was finished and Shoto carried me back to the room.

          ~1460 words