21-

Midoriya's POV

I open my eyes to a bright ray of sunshine across my bed. I groaned a bit and sat up. I look to the corner of the room and see Todoroki fast asleep. Poor guy I must've kept him up all night. I get out of bed and walk to him. The sun was hitting him oh-so-perfectly. He looked like an angel. I carefully picked him up and laid him on my bed. It was Saturday so neither of us had to worry about school. I guess it must've been a twenty four hour flu because I'm feeling much better now. I hope I didn't get Todoroki sick.

I decided to make him breakfast as a thank you. It was seven o'clock in the morning. I can't remember most of what happened yesterday and overnight, it all just feels like a fever dream. I was making bacon and eggs for Todoroki, hopefully he likes that. I was just pulling the beacon out of the oven when, a very sleepy, Todoroki walked into the kitchen. "Good morning." I hum happily. He rubs his eyes and yawns. "Midoriya, you should be in bed." I giggled. "I could say the same for you. I'm feeling good this morning besides you look absolutely exhausted."

He mumbled an inaudible response and sat at the kitchen table. I got to admit a tired morning Todoroki is pretty cute. What? I'm gay and I can admit it. I finished up breakfast and set a plate in front of him. He looked so happy when he saw it. "Thank you, Midoriya." He said sounding more awake. "No problem! Eat up!" I responded happily digging into my own plate. "This is amazing." Todoroki said after swallowing a few bites. "I haven't had a breakfast this good since Fyumi moved out." He said stuffing his face.

"She's you sister, right?" I asked out of curiosity. "Mhm" he hummed with a mouthful of food. "Yeah she's had always cooked and took care of house chores." He said with a reminiscent look. "That must've been nice, Hito and I have always shared chores and stuff although he goes out a lot so I end up doing his things anyway, but I don't mind." I say taking another bite of my eggs. "I noticed your pictures yesterday, are you adopted?" I nearly choked on my food when Todoroki said that. "W-well yes, but we don't really think of it that way." I say taking a sip of water. "What do you mean?"
Todoroki asked. "I was adopted just before my twelfth birthday, but before that I really hadn't had a family. I don't know who my biological father is and my mother passed away before I had the chance to meet her. I consider Shota, Hizashi, and Hitoshi my real family and I don't think I would trade them for anything else." I say with a smile.

"Wow.... dose that mean you were in an orphanage for the first eleven years of your life?" The half-n-half boy asked. Some may find his questions rude and nosy but I can see the genuine curiosity behind his blank expression. "No, dad-er Shota actually saved me." I say briefly. "Let's just leave it at that for now, okey?" He nodded and finished up the last of his meal. I pick up his plate and set it in the sink. "Hey where are your parents?" "Oh there at a meeting." I responded walking back to the table. "Do you know what the meet is about?" The tall boy asked. "not exactly, they said it was about new patrol shifts but I know their lying about something. There is definitely a meeting but it's not about new shifts, the chances are it's about me. We should watch a movie!" I suggest before he can ask any more questions. "Sure."

Somehow we end up on the couch watching a horror movie. I hate horror movies but apparently Todoroki really likes them. Halfway through the movie I end up clinging onto to Todoroki. He probably finds me annoying at this point. I kept him here all night to look after me and now I'm invading his personal space. But I can't help it, besides he picked out the movie after I warned him. I was on Todoroki's left side and let me tell you it was amazing! He felt so warm and cuddly. I, in fact, started to drift to sleep.

Todoroki's POV
⚠️internalized homophobia⚠️

Towards the end of the movie I noticed Midoriya drifting to sleep on my shoulder. I decided not to bother him as he didn't get very restful sleep last night. Why did I choose a horror movie? Midoriya had said that he gets really scared and clings to people, but that only made me happy to think he might grab onto me when he's scared. I don't understand why I feel like that though!! Sure I like Midoriya, but I'm not gay. Midoriya means a lot to me and the thought of losing him makes my heart ache. It couldn't be a crush, and it absolutely can't be love. I don't like Midoriya that way, it's weird.

Midoriya is just the closest friend I have. Yeah that's all it is. I'm mistaking my feelings that's all. I couldn't possibly like him like that. I look over at the boy fast asleep on my shoulder. I sigh and carefully lay him down on the couch. I stand up and walk to his front door taking on last glance at him. I leave making sure I lock the door behind me. He's fine now, he doesn't need my help anymore, he'll be fine on his own.

Midoriya's POV

I woke about an hour later according to my phone. "Todoroki?" I call out for him. When I don't get a response I start to worry. "Hey Todoroki where are you?" I go around the house looking for him and don't see him anywhere. I grabbed my phone and frantically called him. Ring..... ring..... ring...

'hello?'

'T-Todoroki?' I responded to the voice on the other end nervously.

'Yes, is this Midoriya?'

'Yes it is, w-where are you? I couldn't fi-find you and I was worried s-something happened!' I tell him.

'Oh sorry I decided to head home because you didn't need help anymore. Now that I think of it, I should have left a note.' He said sounding a little bad.

'It's fine I just don't like it people disappear unexpectedly' I say relieved nothing bad had happened. 'I'll let you go then'

'Sorry I worried you. Good bye' he hung up the phone afterwards.

I sighed and fell back on the couch. I was so worried over nothing! I just get this really bad feeling when I don't know where people are. Normally I don have much of a problem because dad and papa keep me informed on what's going on. Even then I always know they'll come back no matter what. I guess not getting much sleep yesterday put my anxiety on high. I heard the front door unlock. I smiled knowing that the fam is finally home.

~1204 words

I have been so unmotivated it's not even funny! I need inspiration!! Comment your theory's about what might happen next. I'm curious and hoping it'll give me some inspiration!!😊 anywho~ have a nice day/night!!