13- A What?

Izuku's POV

My whole body hurts. A constant pain radiating through it. My back, head, and lower back hurt the most though. I opened my eyes an tried to sit up. Key word tried. It was like someone had tied fifty pounds to my back. I groaned and tried to sit up again. "Stop it your going to hurt yourself" a monotone voice said opening a curtain. Light poured in momentarily blinding me. My eyes finally adjusted and I could see properly. I see the one who opened the curtain and to my utter surprise it was none other than Todoroki. 

"Why c-can't I sit up?" I ask in a water deprived voice. Todoroki took note of this and put a water bottle next to me on a nightstand in the nurses office. The bi haired boy gently helped me sit up and I almost fell backwards. Once I was able to gain some balance I was fine on my own. I grabbed the water from next to me and drank half of it fairly quickly. "So why am I-I here? Did B-bakugo really do this much d-damage?" I ask looking at Todoroki. The half-n-half boy gave me a confused almost sad look before realization hit him.

"You don't remember do you?" He asked with a blank face though you could see the worry hidden in his eyes. "Umm I g-guess not. W-why di-did something h-happen?" I say now starting to worry. "Wait here, I'll bring Aizawa and RG in for you" Todoroki left me alone with only my thoughts to keep me company. I was worried and on the verge of a mini anxiety attack. Why wouldn't Todoroki just talk to me? It's so frustrating! I just want to know what's wrong. 

I hear the door open and see RG, dad, Hitoshi, papa(Hizashi), and Todoroki all come in. They all had a worried expression on their face making me tense up and become even more anxious. "Wh-what's w-wrong?" I ask trying not to raise my voice. Aizawa sighed and rubbed his temples. "So you really don't remember anything?" He asked making my anxiety spike. "N-n-no.. I-is the-there someth-thing I-I should kn-know?" Asked panicked and stuttering all over the place. "Izu calm down" Hito said soothingly. I took a breath and looked to Dad hoping he would elaborate.

"When you were fighting Bakugo, You must have activated your demon quirk because well... you can pretty much see for your self." The black haired adult said. It took a minute to register what he said then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I look to my back and see two scaly black wings. I sit there for a solid minute and a half just staring. "Damn" I muttered under my breath. "Pl-please tell me this i-is the only side effect" I whine, running a hand though my hair only to stub my finger against what felt like a horn. "Frick" I say letting myself fall backwards on to the bed. There was a notable pain in my lower back again but wrote it off.

"Well they weren't wrong when they named the quirk demon" Hito said rubbing the back of his neck.    "Oh shut it!" I groaned. "W-why does the world h-h-hate me!" I whine. "Don't be over dramatic, the world doesn't hate you" Dad said in an oh-so-loving way. "Riiiiggghhtt" I role my eyes. "You also have a tale." Todoroki said quickly and loudly as if he really wanted to get that off his chest. I groaned and sat up again. "Yo-your kidding me r-right?" I deadpan. Everyone all-of-a-sudden didn't want to make eye contact with me.

I look behind me and sure enough I have tale matching my wings. I guess that was the pain I had felt earlier. "Great I really do look like a demon, what  do I do now? Go haunt people?" I say annoyed and honestly really upset. "Actually that's not how demons work" Hito tells me with a smirk. I swear he's enjoying every minute of this. I glared at him doing my best to tell him to fudge off without words.

"Please tell me this isn't permanent?" I asked RG with pleading eyes. "Sorry, but from what I can gather it's permanent" she said apologetically. "This transformation left you very sore. I want you to stay over night and we'll see how everything is in the morning then I'll decide weather or not you can go to class." She said in her stern grandma voice. "Now Hizashi and Shota come with me to Nezu's office we should give an update and let the poor boy think." The old woman shoved the older men out of the room and closed the door.

"Soooooooo how are you feeling~?" Hitoshi asked walking over to me and sitting on the bed. "Like a freak of nature." I mumbled pulling my knees to my chest. Hito rubs my back not knowing what to say. I was always better with words where as Hitoshi would rather show you with actions. "I don't think your a freak of nature." I look up to see Todoroki's emotionless expression. "It's just your quirk, a lot of people have mutation quirks. Yours just came late" he said in a matter of fact tone. "I guess that means you have two quirks now, we have that in common at least"

"Heh, thanks Todoroki-kun" I say looking up at him with a smile. "So how long have I been out?" I asked trying to distract myself. "Six hours" Todoroki answered me. "Yep and Todoroki stayed with you the whole time!" The purple haired boy told me with a smirk. "Why?" I ask confused. "Because you were going to kill Bakugo and my ice was the only thing stopping you" Todoroki said blandly. "Yeah but Aizawa said you could leave and you said you wanted to stay until he woke up" Hito said with a shit eating grin.

"I just didn't want to go home ok" Todoroki defended himself. "Hito leave him alone." I say giving him a bum on the arm. "Is Bakugo ok?" I asked hoping I didn't kill him or seriously injure him. Hito laughed "don't worry he's fine besides you gave the asshole what he deserved." Surprisingly Todoroki nodded in agreement with Hito. "Geez..... well I guess I'll be fun to learn to fly" I say trying to be optimistic.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine." Todoroki said as he waved goodbye and left before we could say anything. Hito wished me a good night to and left as it was nine thirty and the two still had school in the morning. I laid down- or at least tried to lying on my back is now very uncomfortable. I rolled over on my stomach. Whatever I sleep better this way anyway! I think sarcastically to myself.

~1180 words