23- Digging Up The Past

Midoriya's POV

It was now Sunday around one thirty. It had been a nice morning so far but dad had to ruin it. "Can you please tell us what happened after Todoroki left?" I sighed. "I can......" I mumbled under my breath. Hitoshi gave me a hug and squeezed my hand. I take a deep breath before starting. "Not a lot happened immediately after he left. about an hour and a half went by before I head someone unlock the front door. I had thought it was you guys at first. I was proved wrong when a girl two or three years older than me walked in. She was wearing a Sakura high school uniform, had blond hair in two messy space buns." I take a moment to collect my thoughts again and try and stop myself from shaking.

"If you can't tell us everything now then we can wait till a little later." Dad said trying to reassure me. I took another deep breath. "She ran at me and I teleported away and was able to trip her. I guess she 'got serious' after that because she started to thow knives at me. She then told me that Tomura sent her to 'test the waters'. After that she left in a purple portal....." They knew the rest.

"A portal?" Papa asked. "Mhm... it's Kurogiri's quirk. He can make portals that can take him anywhere." Dad thinks for a minute. "I think you've mentioned him before.... it was sometime after we had adopted you... right, you said something along the lines of 'just like giri? He taught me a lot of things!' It was when I started to homeschool you." I nodded. "He was always nice to me... if it weren't for him I'd probably have a lot more speech issues. Tomura thought it would be pointless for me to talk. But Kurogiri was able to convince Tomura to let him teach me..."

"I see, how much do you remember from when you were there?" Dad asked. When they first saved me the hero's decided not to pressure me with questions and I had refused to talk about exactly what happened there. "I-I can remember most." I stutter. Hitoshi gave my hand another gentle squeeze. "Can you tell us?" Papa asked. I thought for a minute. Can I tell then? I mean there my family I want to tell them everything but I had spent so long trying to bury the memories and not think about it. I decided it would be best to spill though I'm not sure any of this would help. I nodded and took a breath. I decided I would start with my earliest memories.

(Flash back time)

I wake up in my pod as per usual and exit to see a very angry looking Tomura. I decide it's in my best interest not to say anything. "You little bitch!" He hit me. This was a normal occurrence. When he was angry he'd take it out on me. He kept beating me until he seemed satisfied. "Get up and follow me!" He yelled. I hate when he trains me after a beating. I do as he says to avoid any farther punishments. This was a normal day for me. I was five.

~~~

"Fight!" I immediately jumped into action. My opponent seemed a bit startled over how fast I could move. He started to use a wind type quirk. He tried to push me back and keep me away. After a particularly big gust of wind, there was dust and dirt everywhere. I used this to my advantage and snuck up behind him. By the time he realized where I was at it was to late. I had already snapped his neck. These weren't just simple training matches. It was a life or death fight and I wasn't prepared to lose. I was seven.

~~~

"164? Are you listening?" I snapped my head up to look at giri. "S-s-sorry." I muttered. He sighed. "You need to pay better attention. Master Tomura will be very displeased if you space out on him." The mist man warned. I hung my head in shame. Tomura would kill me if I didn't pay attention to him. "How about we take a break for a minute." He said wiping the dry erase bored of the algebra I had been learning. "H-hey g-g-giri? Wh-what's it l-like o-o-out sid-side?" I asked curiously.

I had never been outside, I barely even hear about it. But today I heard two of the doctors say that it was a beautiful day out. "Well let's see.... there is an endless blue sky and puffy white clouds. There are all kinds of plants and animals. There are these huge green grassy fields that can span on for miles." Kurogiri said kindly. "D-do y-y-you ever t-think I'll s-s-see it?" Giri gives me an almost sad expression. "Hopefully some day you'll see it." I really liked giri he gave me a reason to live. I want to see the grass.

~~~

"164 come with me." The doctor said, taking me out of my pod. I quietly followed him. He led me to a large metal door. I knew this door too well. I came to this door when they needed to test something on me. "Hury up brat!" I walked in and was immediately shoved onto a cold metal table. Dr. Norman strapped me onto it so I can't escape. "Do you have any idea what we're going to do to you?" He asked with a smirk. "N-no." I answered quietly. He laughed. "You see we're experimenting with a new quirk and we think it'll fit you perfectly~ for your first three quirks you were unconscious for the procedure but I think you should be awake for this one."

He had a smile that you could only describe as crazed. He started to set up a bunch of needles next to me one a little table. He looked over at me and picked up one of the needles. "Remember this is just going to help your body accept the quirk easier." He injecting the strange blue fluid into my arm and a searing pain went through my whole body. I couldn't hold back the scream that irrupted from my throat. It felt like I was being burned alive. It was so bad I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Finally the pain died down and I could breathe again, I noticed a man in the room that wasn't there before. He wore a black suit and had a... mask on? His face seemed distorted but it was dark and there was no way for me to know for sure. He walked over to me with a smirk. "You took that well most would have passed out from the sheer amount of pain. Let's see how you handle this." He placed a hand on my face. I was confused for a second until a new kind of pain went through me. It was awful. Far worse than before, I thought I was going to die. Lucky for me, I passed out only to awaken a week later. It was the worst birthday ever to say the least. I had only turned nine that day.

~~~(present)

"That was the day I had gotten demon." I say squeezing Hitoshi's hand.

            ~1241 words