17- Father

Todoroki's POV

I had told Midoriya that I was dropping off a book and the Library before I head to ground beta. But Once I had put the book away, I got a call from my dad.

"SHOTO!!! Come home this instant!!"

"I can't, I'm going to train with a-"

"I don't care! If you don't get over here now you'll regret being born!"

Does he not think I already regret being born? I sighed "alright I'm on my way."

Todoroki❄️🔥: I won't be able to make it today, my apologies.

I immediately put my phone away and walked home.

"SHOTO!! What took you so long?!" My 'father' shouted at me as soon as I walked through the door. "Sorry there was a lot of traffic so it made crossing roads difficult." I say emotionlessly. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me roughly to the dojo. After I changed out of my uniform we started to train. We trained for about an hour is so. I went to grab some water and noticed a notification on my phone. Just as I reached for it my 'father' called me back. Training was awful with him. Essentially all it was, was 'how many times can Enji hit me before I coughed up blood?'

Enji had to go take a call which left me alone for a minute thankfully. I drank some more water and saw that I now had two notifications. I decided that I might as well look before he comes back.

Todoroki❄️🔥: I won't be able to make it today, my apologies.
Unable to send

Izuku: hey Todoroki it's been a half hour are you almost done?
Sent at: 4:45

Izuku: if your not coming tell me.
Sent at 5:15

Damn it! It never sent?! As soon as I try and type a response my 'father' comes back in and sees me on my phone. He immediately takes it with a annoyed growl. "I never said you could have this yet! We are not done!" He then put it in his pocket and and we
Continued to train till eleven. After words I was to tired to do anything and fell immediately asleep when I hit my bed.

My alarm went off at six forty five successfully waking me up. I get up take a shower, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and and leave for school. I feel really awful about yesterday so I decided that a in person apology was best. I know what route Midoriya takes to school so I decided I'd apologize to him then. If he isn't busy I can train with today as my 'father' has a late patrol tonight. I walked quickly to where our roads meet and see him and Shinso walking together as normal. "Midoriya?" I ask mostly just trying to get his attention. He stopped and looked behind him at me. "Midoriya, I wanted to apologize for yesterday" I say immediately bowing. "Sorry? What happened yesterday?" Shinso asked confused. I ignored him though "I didn't mean to leave you there alone. I had to go home urgently and I thought I had texted you that I couldn't make it but it didn't send.

I pull out my phone and show him my text message. He nods a bit "it al- also said you r-read my mes-messages though?" He stuttered. "I know, I had checked my messages and saw it hadn't sent and what you said and I was about to text you back until my 'father' took my phone" I say apologetically. Midoriya nodded in understanding. "I-it's fine, I'm ju-just glad you di-didn't leave me-me on purpose." He says with a slight smile. I still feel really bad and he didn't stutter this much yesterday! Which means he no long as comfortable around me.

"What happened yesterday?" Shinso asked wanting to be in the know. "It's n-nothing im-important anymore." Midoriya said happily. "My 'father' is out late on patrol tonight so we won't have any interruptions this time." I said hoping he would agree. "Mmm sure that should be fine." He answered without a stutter. Ok, he doesn't seem mad at me, that's good. I don't know why I'm so relieved? I've never cared if I upset someone before. Why is Midoriya different?

After school the two of us went to the locker room, changed, and walked to ground gamma. Once there I made a ice staircase that reached about to the third floor. Midoriya was going to try and practice just jumping off and trying to get his wings to work right. It was slow at first but soon he was able to glide to the ground. Izuku was still having trouble actually flying though. Finally after about three hours of none stop practicing we took a break. Some may say it's would be boring because I wasn't doing anything but I quite enjoyed watching Midoriya practice.

Midoriya's POV

I was getting really tired so we took a needed break. I sat down on the field and drank a water bottle. "I'm glad you didn't ditch me." I said out of the blue. I really was glad. "Technically I did ditch you though." Todoroki said looking a bit sad. "It's fine you tried to tell me twice. Besides I had thought you were playing some cruel joke on me, so when I found out it wasn't I was super relieved." I say honestly. "Are we friends?" I asked wanting to be sure. "Of course, I wouldn't want to help someone I disliked." The taller boy said honestly. "Good, you know that makes you my first friend." I say with a huge smile.

"R-really?" He said stuttering. I laughed and nodded my head. "Your the first person that I made friends with." I proudly say. Todoroki chuckled "come on it's getting late, I'll walk you home." I smiled brightly again and stood up. We walked home in a comfortable silence. Once at my house we said our goodbyes and he left. I walked inside still having a huge smile. Dad, who was drinking coffee and playing a bored game with Hito and papa, looked up at me first.

"What are you all happy about?" He asked playing his turn. "It's because Izu got his boyfriend~ to walk him home, isn't it?" Hitoshi said wiggling his eyebrows. I roll my eyes "Nope! Actually we are just friends. He's the first friend I've made by myself!" I say fangirling over the fact I made a friend. "Sure 'just friends'" Hito mumbled under his breath. Papa just chuckled. "I'm going to bed" I say walking to my room. I grabbed some clothes and hopped in the shower and then went to bed.

~1130 words