15- Friends?

Todoroki's POV

After Midoriya walked away I didn't really have a reason to be here anymore. I had wanted to talk to him not his friends. To be honest his friends aren't bad or anything just not my cup of tea. I finished my soba and decided to go to ground beta to try and talk to Midoriya more. I sped walked there because I knew the bell could ring in minutes. Once I get to ground beta, I look for Midoriya. Surprisingly I don't see him. It's an open field where is he? My question was soon answered.

I see Midoriya falling from the sky and panic. I immediately use my ice to stop him from falling. I created a slope that would lead him right to me. It worked perfectly as he slid to my feet as planned. "What the hell were you thinking?!" I say crouching down and holding him by his shoulders. He nearly gave me a heart attack. "Wh-what do you mean?" He asked, innocently like he didn't just jump off a fucking roof. "You jumped off the roof of UA!" Todoroki scolded him. It was rare for me to raise my voice but I was genuinely worried and shocked.

"Oh.... s-sorry if I sc-scared you" he says looking down "but I-I would have been fine!" He quickly added. "What are you talking about? that hight would have killed you" I responded still in shock. "W-well yes but no" he answered brushing my hands off his shoulders. "I can teleport remember, I-I was trying to see if I could actually use these things" he gestured to his wings while standing up "b-but you stopped me before I could even try." I let out a sigh of relief and also stood up. "Well I'm glad your ok" I say going back to my monotone way of speaking.

The bell rang and Midoriya looked a bit disappointed. "Man I-I wanted to try and practice m- more." he whined. I feel a little guilty but I know Midoriya probably understood my panic. "come on let's get to class before we're late!" The small boy said as he grabbed my wrist and ran back in side. He wouldn't let go of me until we reached the door for 1-A. Though I say that like it's a bad thing, I actually quite missed the contact when he let go.

We all took our seats and waited for Aizawa to come in. I noticed that a few classmates kept looking at Midoriya funny. Honestly I don't know why everyone seems to think this some kind of big deal. Mutation quirks are so common and there have been quite a few cases of people getting these changes later in life rather than when they are four. I mean sure he looks a little different and maybe they just need time to adjust but he pretty much seems to be the same as before. But I guess that's just my opinion.

Izuku's POV

Dad sent everyone to ground gamma to run some laps and do quirk training. Sadly I wasn't allowed to participate today. I was told to watch and think of strategies. As everyone walked out the the locker rooms I could hear a few whispers about me, most were just rumors like 'I bet they're not letting him practice because he might loose control'. I brushed them off as the people who actually know me and have talked to me weren't the ones saying anything. Everyone started to run and train they're quirks while I took notes.

I wonder why Todoroki seemed to suddenly take an interest in me? Is he just messing with me? Or maybe he's just hanging out with me because I scare Momo away. I'll ask him about it later for now I need to finish my notes.

~~~~~

Class let out and as I walked off the UA grounds with Shinso I feel someone grabb my shoulder. I momentarily panic as I hate being randomly touched. My panic disappears when I see Todoroki behind me. "Midoriya, I had a question" the tall boy asked. "Yes?" I answered. "Can I have your number?" He asked with a blank expression.

"I-um-" "here you go!" Shinso said handing him a pice of paper. "Thank you, I'll text you later Midoriya." And with that Todoroki left. I was standing there shocked for two point five seconds. "Hito! Why did you do that!" I scolded him my face bright red in embarrassment. He just chuckled and continued to walk home. Geez I could have given him my number myself. I think annoyed that Hito would embarrass me like that. We arrive home in no time and complete our home work for the day.

I was sitting in my room re-writing the notes from earlier to make them easier to read and understand. My phone goes off and obviously I check it. I see an unknown number texted me so I open it.

Random number: Hello, is this Midoriya?

Izuku: Yes it is. Who is this?

Random number: It's Todoroki.

Oh.... HE ACTUALLY TEXTED ME?! Why?!

Midoriya changed name to Todoroki❄️🔥

Izuku: well what do ya need Todoroki?

Todoroki❄️🔥: Would you like to train with me tomorrow after school?

Izuku: Sure why not!

Todoroki❄️🔥: I'll see you then.

Oh my god! He wants to train with me! I'm not gonna lie this is awesome! I haven't really talked to anyone outside of Shinso's group so this is like my first actual friend. Wait are we friends? Maybe he just thinks I'll be a good training partner and doesn't  actually want to be friends? Uugggghhh why do I have to over think everything?! You know what I'll ask him tomorrow! Yeah tomorrow.

          ~972 words