Two Faced

A/N- I have about three chapters planned out that includes this one, so I'm going to try and get those out as soon as possible. I'm debating on how to make this long enough that it's not rushed and short but also short enough so that it doesn't get boring. Just let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what direction I should take this. :)

Lauren Jauregui POV

-MM

I signed it. I began to notice the condensation and sweat that had formed on the inside of my mask.

I stepped out of the Cabello house and into the chilly night. The cool air hit my face, and a sense and relief washed over me.

I had completed yet another job with no unnecessary casualties and no found identity for me.

One thing that consistently nagged me was why it had to be him that I had a problem with. Why did he have to fuck with me, of all people? Especially why was he involved with drugs? I didn't take him for a user but to each their own.

I checked the clock in the car when I got in, just a little past 2:00 am. The club should be closing soon. Maybe I can find Lucy or some girl to celebrate tonight's victory with.

I drove out of the Cabello estate and toward the club. I reached a red light and flipped through the radio stations until I found something I liked. Funny enough, I found a station playing my favorite song at the time, Expectations by some girl. The song is really good. It needs more attention.

I was torn from my thoughts on the song to my phone ringing next to me. The screen lit up, showing Camila. Shit, why is she calling me?

Before answering, I stepped on the gas and began heading home instead of back to the club to prevent suspicion on her end.

(Bold will be Camila and italics will be Lauren on the phone, and regular will be Lauren's thoughts)

Hello? I tried to make it sound like she had just woken me up.

Lauren? I'm sorry to wake you up. I need you.

Camila, what happened?

I- I don't know. I spaced out, and now it's just hitting me.

Fuck, no wonder she seemed so blank when I was with her.

Camila, what's hitting you? Do you need me to come over?

No! Well, yes, but don't come in, pick me up, and we can go to your place.

If I didn't know what was going on, I would be hella suspicious right now.

Ok, I'm on my way. Let me just get dressed.

I hung up the phone as I pulled into my garage. I ran into the house. Throwing the clothes I was wearing into the back of my hummer along with the mask and gun.

I left the hummer in the private part of my underground garage and ran upstairs to put on clothes that made it seem like I had scrambled to get dressed after waking up. I even smudged my makeup and messed up my hair to make it even more believable.

I grabbed whatever keys were lying on the counter. They were the ones that went to my chrome blue Jeep Wrangler. Whatever as long as I got there.

I pulled out into the lonely streets of Miami. At this point, the roads were practically empty. I was able to fly through most lights and made it to Camila's in record time.