Chapter 42// No, Tommy is Not the Meaning of Life

Tommy was bored. Like, bored out of his mind, he felt like he was the one in prison, please get him out of this damn place- bored. He wasn't allowed to use his phone for anything other than music, but even when he tried to call Tubbo once, "just to see if it would work", Tubbo never picked up. Tommy was mindlessly walking around the prison praying for Ranboo to take over the shift soon so he could be free!

He walked down a hall that only had one cell with the green barriers up. "That's odd," He thought to himself. Out of curiosity and extreme boredom, he walked down it to see who was inside. Honestly he hadn't paid the slightest attention to the map with the path he was supposed to be walking, otherwise he might have already come across this place.

"Why hello!" A voice spoke from the cell, noticing Tommy walking closer.

Tommy jumped back from the sudden surprise of the voice.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," The voice said. It was friendly and polite, nothing like Tommy expected from someone in jail.

"Who are you and why are you so nice? Aren't people in jail supposed to be like- criminals and shit?" Tommy asked, sus of this weirdo.

"Oh well I'm not really a criminal, but I'd rather talk about you!" The creature said, trying to brush off the question. Tommy got a better look at him, and pretty quickly realized he had no neck. It was just a floating sphere above a body with a supposedly green hoodie. It was hard to tell, since the barrier was green too, so it could probably be white too.

"Me?" Tommy asked, very confused. As much as he loved to talk about himself and how great he was, this seemed a little suspicious. "I don't even know who you are, or what your name is!"

"You can call me Dream," Dream said in a sweet silvery voice. He avoided the first question and Tommy didn't seem to notice.

"Ok, Dre-am. How do you know who I am?"

"Oh heard about you, here and there, you know! But I really am a big fan, and I think I have an offer you don't want to refuse." Dream smiled, his plan was working perfectly.

"A fan? Where do you know me from?" Tommy asked, completely ignoring the mention of an offer.

Dream looked annoyed, "Listen is doesn't matter kid, but I have a deal-"

"Kid!? I am no kid! I am a man!" Tommy said, crossing his arms. The face on Dream's floating head rolled its eyes while maintaining the wide smile, which sort of freaked Tommy out. Dream's patience with this kid was depleting quickly. He took a breath and tried to start again.

"I can see that clearly, but listen for one second." He said, waiting to see if Tommy would interrupt. Tommy was fairly intrigued and let Dream continue without interruption. Dream looked satisfied with the silence and continued.

"I've heard you want to go to Earth with your friend, but all of the stuck up adults are restricting your freedom. Now if you side with me, I could possibly, I dunno, give you the freedom to go anywhere and do anything you could ever want?!"

"How could you do that? You don't seem to have much freedom yourself, much less any extra to give out like candy!" Tommy said with a smirk. This child was getting on Dream's nerves.

"Don't you want the power to do whatever you please? You could go anywhere you wanted! With anyone you wanted! Whenever you wanted!" Dream tempted.

"Well if you're trying to tell me I can get girls Dream, I can tell you right now I already get them all." Tommy smirked.

Dream was this close to breaking out of prison right then just to slap the smug smile off of Tommy's face.

"I meant Tubbo! The science kid! You and him could have fun and explore Earth together without anyone getting in your way!" Dream shouted.