Chapter 35// Evil Elmo- I mean Eret!

(I finally put a picture in and this is what it is)

Fundy and Tubbo were walking back to the lab after finding Ranboo and sorting out things in the meeting. They had already eaten lunch and Tubbo had finished the last cookie he had "sneakily" stolen. It was only early afternoon, but both of them were pretty tired.

When they got into the lab, Tubbo practically collapsed onto the nearest chair holding his computer to his chest. Fundy had kept track of his notes better walking in this time, but there were still more of them than he'd like. They were messy and needed to be organized, but Fundy just threw them on the nearest counter for the time being.

"We should organize these, but I don't waaaannnaaaa!" Tubbo groaned from his lazy place on his chair.

"We did a lot of work today." Fundy started, "You go home and relax for the rest of the day, I'll organize these and start the official paper we have to do eventually."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you earned it."

"Thanks Fundy!" Tubbo perked up "I'll take a copy of the work on a usb and leave my computer 'ere so you can use it instead of the crappy ones in the computer room." Tubbo said, grabbing a usb from his pocket, that he apparently just happened to have lying around. He plugged it in and waited for it to load quickly before unplugging it and putting it in shirt pocket. Fundy nodded with a smile before sliding over the laptop to his chair so he didn't have to get up.

"Thanks again Fundy!" Tubbo said practically skipping out of the lab.

It was eerily quiet now, without the happy sense of Tubbo to keep Fundy company. He slid over the notes from the meeting he'd gotten as well as a few he'd written randomly during the day when he'd gotten an idea about something that might be useful. He almost regretted doing that now, it just made more work for him.

Hours later of typing, and reading, and dying inside little by little, Fundy had most of the organizing done, and his notes had been condensed into 6 neat papers. The computer had all of the new information on it and he was proud of his work, but also exhausted. It was fairly dark out now, so he decided to call it quits for the day and started to pack up.

This is, until he saw a figure outside of his door.

"Is someone still here this late?" He thought to himself.

The figure tried at the handle, which was open, and Fundy panicked. "Wait what?! Who is that, what are they doing, why are they here-" Fundy thought quickly before the person interrupted his thoughts by walking in.

"Oh phew," Fundy let out a huge sigh of relief, "It's just you Eret." He said with a smile towards his glowing eyed friend. The panicky feeling didn't exactly go away, but Fundy brushed it off seeing as this was a false alarm.

"Just me? Last time I checked I was royalty!" Eret said with a raised eyebrow and smile, pointing to their definitely real and official crown. Eret had the thin silver crown, sunglasses, a grey tee-shirt, and their bi flag cape on as normal, but seemed to have ditched the high heel boots for the lab. Honestly the cape wasn't too safe in a lab either, but they didn't have chemicals in the room at the moment and it looked fabulous as Eret would argue, so Fundy didn't point it out.

"What are you doing here so late? I thought you were keen on beauty sleep?" Fundy asked, pushing the computer away from him to pay more attention to Eret.

"I don't need sleep to look amazing!" Eret protested, "And I just wanted to see how you were doing. Staying in a lab all day can't be fun." They said. Fundy's odd feeling still wasn't gone.