Chapter 15// Enderboi's Day Out

Ranboo looked over at the endless ice covering the land. It was warm inside, but it wasn't like he really minded the cold outside that much either. Steve the polar bear was resting downstairs, but Ranboo could still hear his snoring through the thin wood floor between them. Polars bears were hard to talk to, and Ranboo was getting lonely. Philza and Technoblade had said they were going to be gone for a few short weeks as a vacation, and told Ranboo to hold down the fort he called home. Ranboo was happy to agree, seeing as they let him live with them for so long for free, but after a few days of cleaning up and wandering around, he was getting a little antsy.

"A small visit to the hub wouldn't hurt anything right?" He said to no one but himself.

"No no Techno and Phil said to stay here and watch the house. It's only a week more right?" He shut down the thought.

"Well it wasn't a clear date. For all we know it could be 3 or 4 weeks!"

"No, no they would leave u- me alone for that long."

"But a step outside for some fresh air that won't freeze your lungs might be really nice! It wouldn't be more than a day away from the house and some walking could do me some good." He reasoned.

"Ok, one day to walk around the hub and stuff, but that's it." He told himself. He walked over to the mirror in the room he was in.

"I'm going mad. I think I need to talk to another person before I go full on insane." He sighed and smiled at his reflection.

He combed his hair, straightened his suit, and grabbed a small satchel with money if he needed it. He wasn't planning on buying anything really, buuut if he came across a bakery on his way, he might just have to get something to be polite. Only to be polite, nothing more, not that the bakery in the main area of the hub had irresistible goods or anything. Just to be nice.

Before leaving, his anxiety got the best of him and he wrote a quick note to his "aquantanice"(best bud) Technoblade to tell him what he was doing. It's not like Techno said he couldn't leave, but he wanted to be extra careful anyway. He patted Steve goodbye and dashed out the door before the polar bear could wake up and bite his hand off from the sudden not-so-welcome wake up.

Heading through the portals always had him feeling a bit dizzy, but at least he didn't have to duck through it like he did with most normal doors. He shook off the feeling and happily walked around the hub. He didn't have an exact plan on where he was going, but he already felt better seeing so many people just walking around, even if knew none of them personally.

His feet had walked him over to the bakery, which was surprisingly pretty empty. A pink haired girl was behind the counter and looked happy to see Ranboo as he walked in the small store.

"Hey Niki!" Ranboo called after ducking through the door.

"Hey Ranboo! How are you doing?" She asked.

"Eh, pretty good. I just needed to get away from the ice-place for a few hours and my feet happened to walk me here!"

"Heh, must be the smell!" She laughed.

"Yeah maybe!" He said laughing a little too.

"Though sadly it's not as busy today." She continued.

"Why is that actually? There are less people around the whole area too. What's going on?"

"The Earth gate is closed for a day or two. No one knows why."

"Hmh? That's weird. Well while I'm here could I get a cinnamon roll?" Ranboo asked very slyly. He definitely hadn't been planning to say that the whole way there.