Chapter 9// Weirdo in the Trees

Sapnap had finished the now-cold tea that was handed back to him, and despite the really awful taste, he did feel a little better. Actually, surprisingly better? The rise and fall of his chest didn't hurt anymore and his headache was significantly lighter. The taste of blood no longer lingered in his mouth, but that was probably just from the tea washing it out.

"So what do we do now?" Sapnap asked, gently setting the cup onto the nightstand next to the bed.

"Well you are going to stay in bed and rest, while I go and get my friend. With his help we'll find your friends in no time, and then we can go from there." Philza said.

"Ok," Sapnap sighed. He didn't like the idea of staying in bed and being babied, but he knew he was useless at the moment, and would only slow Phliza down.

"Try to get some rest mate." Philza said as he walked out the door and shut it behind him. Sapnap carefully leaned back onto the bed, laying down on his back. Even resting a little more could probably save him from total exhaustion before he found the others.

Philza calmly walked out of the house. "This is not how I thought I'd be spending my sunny vacation," He mumbled to himself with a slight chuckle. He breathed in the fresh air and walked in the direction of the waterfall where he assumed Technoblade would be. It was a few minutes walk, so he hummed to himself as he went. A tune he hadn't heard in a long time. Since Wilbur had moved to the hub at least, taking his old guitar with him.

Listen to the feathered crows

Sing to the void all your woes

Leaning on her every word

Heard the message from a bird

Take a step back from life

Calm your ever growing strife

One days you'll be so old

And heard all stories gone untold

Another adventure can wait some time

Don't forget to sub with prime

He chuckled at the last line, one that Tommy had come up with on the spot, and tried to remember the next verse.

Until he heard a rustling above him, and stopped in his tracks, going quiet immediately.

"Who's there?" He asked towards the direction of the sound. His guard shot up, and he squinted his eyes, hoping it was just a squirrel, or rather, a crow. It had been a good while since he had seen one at least.

"Oh just some guy in the trees!" A cheery voice said. Ok, so not a simple forest creature then. Philza stayed on guard, trying to find a face in the tree branches. Whoever this was was really good at blending in with the green treetops.

"I won't bother you, but I was wondering if you saw a man with a flame on a white t-shirt?" The voice continued.

"Uhm yes actually?" Philza said, before realizing he probably shouldn't have said that.

"Great great! Could you tell me where he is then?" The voice said quickly and really too excitedly. It was slightly unnerving.

"Sure," Philza said more warily, "But could you first tell me who you are?"

"Oh I'm his friend! We got separated at the train station and I've been looking for him for a while now." The man in the trees said in a calm and friendly tone. Too friendly, too fake.

Philza remembered that Sapnap had mentioned getting separated from his group in the forest and not the train station. If this man wasn't his friend, he could very well be the person Sapnap had gotten away from. He held his face still so as to not give the realization away from the tree man that could very well be watching him directly.