Chapter 21// Where's Ranboi?

Philza and Techno had split off from the group to go back to their home in the ice dimension. That's what everyone called it, since very few people remembered the actual name of the place.

They took their time getting back, it was late afternoon, and everything was peaceful after Dream was taken care of. Peace after war, the calm after the storm.... Or was it before the storm? Philza couldn't remember, but he didn't really care.

"Do you think Ranboo will be surprised to see us back so early?" Techno asked.

"Probably, but he'll be happy to see us again." Philza said in a relaxed and calm tone. The adventure had been an adventurous break from, well his break, but he really wanted to get home and relax again.

"How do we explain why we came back so soon?" Techno asked.

"Missed him so much we couldn't bear to be gone so long?" Philza joked. He knew Techno would never admit such things....Out loud at least.

"He is only an acquaintance. I couldn't care less if he was there or not." Techno huffed crossing his arms. Sometime during his walk back, he had shifted to a tall pig man in a much larger red cape that almost trailed behind him as he walked. His pig ears were scarred and cut from battles, all of which he had won, and it looked like his clothing had seen better days.

Before Dream burned and broke his house counted as those better days.

Philza chuckled at Techno's reply. He definitely wouldn't admit it, but he cared for Ranboo if only slightly, and Philza knew it.

"For an excuse... we could say we forgot something? And then he could come back with us to help fix the house!" Philza offered.

Techo rolled his eyes knowing Philza was just making an excuse so Ranboo could come on vacation with them.

"Plus he could help us fix the high stuff!"

"Philza you CAN FLY-" Techno uncrossed his arms to emphasize his point. Philza laughed and they continued to talk happy and calm like the old friends they were.

They unconsciously walked more slowly the rest of the way so they could talk more, arriving much later in the afternoon. They walked through the portal and after a few minutes of icy cold winds and snow, they had reached home. The familiar smell of the cottage was comforting as they creaked open the old wooden door.

"Ranboo? We're back early!" Philza called out, quickly forgetting the excuse they had planned.

"We just forgot something so we'll be out of your hair quickly!" Techno called to the mostly empty house. He hadn't forgotten.

"Maybe he's asleep?" Techno offered when there was no response after a few seconds.

"I'll look upstairs," Philza said, walking towards the stairs.

Techno walked to the basement to find Steve peacefully sleeping by the dull fire, with a full food and water bowl near the other corner of the room. He gave Steve a quick pat on the head before walking back up the stairs

"He's not in the basement!" Techno called up the stairs.

"Not up here either!" Philza called down.

A piece of paper caught on the kitchen counter in the corner of Techno's eye and he walked over to it.

"There's a note here from Ranboo!" Techno called up to Phil.

"Coming down!" Philza said. There was some ruffing and a quiet "ow" as he came down rubbing his head. "Why did we build this house so small?" Philza thought to himself.

"If you happen to get home while I'm gone, I went out for the day, be back soon. -Enderboi" Techno read outloud.

"Ok so he's fine. We can go to sleep then." Techno said bluntly.

"But it's sort of late. Don't you wonder why he's not back yet?"

"The kid's weird, probably just a night owl or something." Techno reasoned hiding his slight worry very well.

"Ok... but if he's not back in the morning we are going to go look for him." Philza said, and Techno agreed with a nod.

They headed off in their separate direction and went to sleep. Both had been walking around all day and it felt nice to finally relax, even if worry about Ranboo plagued their sleep slightly.

-----------

Thanks for reading! Hope you're having a good day or night and stay safe!