Chapter 39//Cafe Meeting! (Get some coffee since the tea is about to be spilled)

"What are you guys doing here so late?! -and out of breath?" Fundy asked, looking towards Ant and then Bad.

Velvet answered for them, "They raced here carrying me and Skeppy."

"And me and Bad won!" Skeppy added with a confident smile.

"And what are you two doing here?" Fundy asked Skeppy and Velvet, eyeing them up and down. Skeppy's bandages could be seen a little through his still ripped sweater and Velvet had some bandages on his arm that could be seen through the cut of that too. Both of them needed to sew up the rips in their sweaters or find someone who could.

"We both fought Dream too and wanted to tag along. Bad's a simp and Skeppy's clingy so it was all or nothing with them." Velvet explained.

"Hey!" Skeppy protested. "I'm not that clingy!"

Puffy had caught up and waved hi to the group. She laughed a bit at the sight of Ant and Bad holding onto the wall to catch their breaths'. The adrenaline rush seemed to have subsided pretty quickly, she figured.

"And who are you? Did you also fight Dream?" Fundy asked. He wouldn't be surprised if she said yes too, everyone seemed to be on it at this point. Jeez, how many people was Dream able to fight off?

"I'm Captain Puffy but you can call me Puffy." She said to answer the first question, "And no, I didn't fight him. But I came to keep an eye on these idiots so they don't get hurt immediately after leaving the hospital. And to see Niki and get a snack."

"A free snack paid by Antfrost to be specific!" Skeppy chimed in. Fundy gave him a confused look while Ant raised his head up to glare at Skeppy. Velvet chuckled a little.

Fundy shook his head and put his attention back to Ant, who seemed calmed down enough to be able to talk now. "Ant, I told you to keep this a secret!" He said in a whisper-shout quickly glancing around outside to make sure no one else was in hearing range of them. Little late to do it, but it served its purpose of scolding Ant.

"Sorry, Fundy I forgot." Ant said, taking a deep breath afterwards and standing up better.

"You forgot!?"

"Well you hung up so quickly I couldn't ask questions or clarify anything, so bringing them along was the only way to get Bad to come."

"Fine whatever. Just- everyone come in quickly." Fundy said, ushering them in. His patience was thinning.

The room smelled of coffee and cookies, and Bad and Skeppy immediately rushed to the treats display the moment their feet hit the dark wooden floor. Ant walked over more slowly, almost reluctantly admitting defeat, and asked Niki for a drink of water. Bad chimed in for one too, releasing his throat was dry when Ant mentioned it. Velvet took a seat near the windows waiting for the others and basked in the sunlight. After Niki had handed out the water, she looked up and saw Puffy, rushing over and engulfing her in a big hug.

"Nice to see you too Niki!" Puffy said, returning the hug with a slight chuckle.

"So what brings you around here?" Niki asked when she let go.

"Had to make sure the idiots over they're didn't get themselves killed the second they left the hospital. Guess that gives me permission to intrude on secret meetings whenever I want now!"

Niki chuckled, "Well it's good to have you either way. Want some treats? On the house."

"Oh it's fine; Ant over there lost a race, and is paying for all of us anyway!"