Chapter 14// And the Battle Begins!

The group in the cave turned to where Antfrost was looking, and saw a masked figure silhouetted, leaning on the entrance.

"Miss me? You all kept running off, and I was worried you had forgotten about me!" The masked man said in the-... doorway? Eh... entrance to the cave I guess.

Sapnap clutched his crystal in his hand, hiding behind Philza's wings. He silently winced as he shifted into a safer position in the dark. Everything was quiet and unsteady, since no one wanted to make the first move. It was dark out, most of the light was from the moon outside and the lanterns inside. George grabbed some light sensitive goggles out of his bag while everything was still, and put them on quickly. He could see Dream and everyone else much more easily now. Ant and Bad both nodded to each other. Despite taking much energy, they figured being able to see in the fight to come was worth it. They shifted to their normal forms, which could both see in the dark pretty well. Techno's eyes went wide looking at Badboyhalo's glowing eyes and the fact that Ant was a literal cat, but didn't say anything.

"Well, are we going to fight to the death or sit and have tea? Either is fine with me, I'm a little thirsty from all of this walking." Dream said, possibly mocking George's accent, but it was hard to tell.

Everyone flicked out a sword or an axe, and half of them glinted purple despite there not being much light around. Sapnap gave Philza a spare shield and held a sword of his own for defense. It wouldn't do much, but he could distract Dream if needed. He felt better knowing he could die and respawn, and that gave him some of his stupid confidence back.

"With the silence and preparation you just did, I'll assume a fight. 6 to 1 can't be that hard right?" Dream smiled under the mask, the tone shining through his voice.

Dream slashed out an axe and a shield. He readjusted his mask taunting the others to attack, but no one did. Then he grabbed out a potion and downed it in one gulp. Bad regretted waiting, and wished he had just lunged to Dream so he wouldn't have had time for a potion.

Before Dream could get out another one. The shadow demon ran up and shoved him backwards. Dream used his shield to block Bad and keep himself standing. He threw his arm to the side and Bad was knocked away with the shield, but got up quickly a short distance away.

Antfrost was next to run up, trying to get at least a scratch on him somewhere. Dream lifted his shield up and out, to block Antfrost and shove him, but Antfrost latched on with his claws and swooped over and behind him. Dream bent down to avoid Ant jumping on his face by hardly an inch and kicked his leg back behind him just in time to knock the cat to the side. Antfrost shook his head and got back up by Bad's side. Dream had since left the entrance to the cave stepping more outside into the open. 

The moon reflected on the water and it was the most light they had at the moment, which was an advantage for Antfrost and Badboyhalo. Techno had slowly stepped out from the shadows and sprinted towards Dream with a thin sword in hand. He didn't have a shield.

Dream noticed that fact with a slight grin and slashed at Techno with his axe, but Techno gracefully jumped back onto the rocks near the water to dodge. Dream jumped onto the rocks too trying to chase after Techno, but his foot slipped up and he barely managed to keep himself from falling, flailing his arms around to keep balance.

"What? You can't balance on rocks? Everyone else made it seem like you were so good at fighting." Techno teased.

Dream's mask shifted to a frown, freaking out Techno a little and putting him more on edge. Techno set his face straight, refusing to reveal his hand like that.

"I'll show you anime boy." Dream sheathed, and lunged again with a sloppier slash. Techno dogged again pretty easily.

Philza had also joined the field, leaving Sapnap behind in the cave. Techno jumped down from the rock onto the grass again on the other side of the waterfall.

"It was nice distracting you green boy!" He taunted with a shrug.

Dream had no time to react before a cat from above was thrown at him and wildly scratching at his face. His foot slipped and there was no catching his balance from it this time. He fell off the rock into the water, getting him soaked and angry. Antfrost jumped off in time to land on the rock himself safely staying dry and away from the fight. Dream was considerably slower with moving around in the water, and Dream's mask was full of scratches. There was a bit of blood running down his head from a scratch that managed to pierce his skin, and Antfrost stood proudly when he saw it drip down.

"Great job Antfrost!" Philza called flying above. Dream looked around himself, still being in the water, and realized he was slowly getting surrounded. In a slight panic, he pulled out a crossbow already loaded with something in it, and fired into the sky a little blindly. There was a huge burst of color in the sky and then a loud thud into a nearby tree.

This was not the 'red' Bad had been expecting.

"Philza!" Techno yelled. He left his spot in the circle surrounding Dream and ran towards the tree that had shook. Dream saw the opportunity and made his way through the water to the opening in the circle in all of the chaos.

"Are you ok!?" Techno called into the branches.

"Yes mate! I'm fine. I can get out of this tree myself. Just take down Dream!"

Techno nodded even though Philza probably couldn't see it, and ran back to the group. George was still nowhere to be found, and Sapnap was still in the cave due to the broken ribs and such.

It was a 3 v 1 now.

Antfrost, Badboyhalo, and Technoblade each took turns jumping at Dream and trying to hit him. He blocked or dodged every attack and slashed back at most of them so they were forced to back up. Ant tried to hit Dream's shield in the front so Badboyhalo could get him in the back, but Dream was too quick. He jumped behind Antfrost causing Bad to almost hit him instead, before pulling back just in time. Dream couldn't keep this up forever, right?

The 3 of them wouldn't get worn out as quickly taking turns fighting as Dream would alone, so they could just keep going and wait till he couldn't keep up..... Right? But Dream didn't give up, and the others were getting really tired. They had made some minor hits on his arms and the blood was starting to show, but nothing nearly fatal. His shield was splintered, but remained intact, and his mask was still on his face. Bad didn't know how much longer he could keep up. He lunged again at Dream with the intent to get rid of his shield. But Dream was able to throw him off completely and Bad's body made a thud as he hit a nearby tree, taking the breath out of him. His world spun, and it took a significant effort to shake his head and stand back up again.

Ant stood in between Dream and Bad, but Dream had no intention of attacking first. Techno jumped out of nowhere to take Dream's attention away from them, by screaming out a war cry and running towards him. While he was distracted enough, Bad and Antfrost tried to come up with a plan.

"Ant," Bad said quietly, panting, "We can't keep this up forever."

"I know, but he's just too quick!"

"There's less light inside the cave. If we can get the fight in there, he might have more of a disadvantage maybe? Plus he'll have less room to dodge us and we might be able to corner him."

"Worth a shot," Antfrost whispered and shrugged.

Neither of them had noticed George's absence from the fight. Inside the cave, George and Sapnap had made their own half-assed plan. It would at least be hilarious to watch if it went as fast south as they assumed it would. Best part was that it was foolproof, because two fools had made it in a matter of minutes.

-----------

Yeah I really am avoid my homework. It's just sooooo boring! Well thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Have a good day or night!

(Even with the editing that statement  is still true. Online bio labs are not fun.)