↠74↞ Her wish

Start from the beginning

“Will!?” I hear a girl anxiously shout from upstairs. She must be convinced that I forgot about her and left her tied up on my bed.

I quickly make my way up to my room and after having stridden towards her, I start hastily undoing the ropes.

“What’s going on?” she asks, confused.

“No questions. Just dress up and fuck off,” I spit dryly, gathering her clothes up and tossing them right at her.

“Excuse me?” She gapes at me, open-mouthed.

“Are you fucking deaf!?” I bellow, my stare is murderous as I lay my eyes on her. “Put your shit on and leave my house,” I say coldly, my tone causes the hair on her arms to stand on edge.

“You’re such a dick,” she mutters, disgruntled, quickly changing into her initial attire.

“A dick that you didn’t get. Is this why you’re so angry?” I snort contemptuously, laughing right at her distorted in discomfort face.

“Worst experience I've ever had,” she murmurs under her breath.

I’m not sure whether she wanted me to hear it. But I did.

“It will be if you don’t leave now. I can promise you this,” I growl, gently rushing her out my room with my hands and down the stairs, eventually letting her out my front door.

And that’s when the dam inside me finally breaks, unable to restrict the flow of emotions that I was holding back this whole time.

Tears refill my eyes. I charge back up to my room, put on a hoodie and collect my car keys. I've got a place to be at — the only place I can think of right now.

 ~~~~~~~~~~

My hand trembles as I place it down on the handle and let myself in. I quietly close the door behind me and make my way through the corridor, emerging in the living room moments later.

“William, honey! What are you doing here so late?” my mum asks, bemused, shooting up from the sofa to greet me.

“Where are grandparents?” I mutter, my voice is small.

“Asleep. Why?” She furrows her brows and then her eyes widen in shock when I burst into tears. “Oh my God, sweetheart, what happened?” she asks, unfalteringly grabbing my cheeks into her hands.

“I’ve tried so hard to be anything but like him,” I murmur in a brittle voice, looking into her knowing eyes — she immediately understands that I’m talking about my father. “But by doing anything I could to turn out different than him, that’s exactly who I’ve become,” I mutter, my tears are hot when they stream down my cheeks.

“Oh, William,” she whispers in a sorrow voice, her face distorts in pain as she sees me so wretched. “What did you do?”

I stare into her eyes, and whether I’ll be met with judgement or not, I feel the sudden urge to tell her the truth. “I’ve been sleeping with girls, girls whom I've paid to have sex with because it was my way of calming down,” I mutter, burying my face in my hands. “And Davina walked in on me today after I’d ignored her for days, and now she’s disgusted with me,” I whine, walking over to the sofa and sitting down onto it.

My mother immediately joins me. “You fell for her, didn’t you?” she asks, her hands bring me into a comforting hug.

“I didn’t want to, but I did,” I murmur quietly.

“William, honey, look at me,” she says, letting me out of her arms for a moment. “Just because me and your father didn’t work out, and just because Beverly killed herself because of her boyfriend, it doesn’t mean that every love is destined to be doomed.” She gazes into my eyes, her own are warm and honest. “I can’t promise you that your heart will never get broken, because it will, maybe once or twice, maybe more, but by pushing everyone away, you’re missing out on the most beautiful feeling in the world.” She smiles serenely, her arms wrap again around my shoulders, bringing me to her chest as she starts stroking my hair. “Love is beyond complicated, honey, but if I’m being honest with you, whether it lasts a day or a whole life, it’s always as sublime.”

“It sounds beautiful when you say it,” I mutter, laying my head down onto her thighs, accepting and pulling her arm closer as it snakes around my shoulder.

“If you think it sounds beautiful then imagine how wonderful it feels,” she whispers, her fingers run along my hair, gentle and caring.

“Now as Davina hates me, I’ll never find out,” I murmur, dissatisfied.

“Then why are you here now instead of apologizing to her?”

“Because I needed you. Because my chest feels heavy and I can’t make this feeling go away,” I mutter, my chin goes back to its previous state of trembling, tears that roll down from my eyes fall onto my mother’s pyjamas.

“Oh, sweetie,” she whispers, her voice is soft like a feather pillow.

“I don’t know what to do,” I rasp hoarsely.

“Have some sleep. Then you can either apologize to Davina and try to win her back or you can let her go. The decision is fully yours.”

“Thank you, mum,” I murmur, closing my eyes. Crying is slowly making me drowsy.

“I’m always here if you need me,” she whispers back in a soothing voice. “I’ll bring some blankets–”

“No,” I beg, desperately holding onto her arm. “Please, stay,” I mutter, wanting to feel anything but lonely.

“Okay,” she whispers, carrying on running her fingers through my hair, making me even sleepier now, and before I eventually doze off with my head resting on her thighs, I can hear her say barely audibly, “My little boy.”

——————————
Thank you for reading!