19- Italians

12 August, 2396

"Roses, there." Rachel yelled over the ruckus. "Turnips-"

"Tulips." I corrected.

"Oh whatever, eggplants." She said, wiping sweat from her brow. Piper laughed at her comment, tasting yet another dish. Reyna was still lecturing a few maids, who were standing in a line. The Italians were set to arrive in an hour, and we were all ready. In my two months in the castle, I hadn't seen the place this busy. After around forty five minutes of final preparations, Miss Hera found us, carrying a megaphone.

"Girls, in the ballroom. Now." Hera announced in the megaphone.

"Yes, ma'am." Rachel shrieked back.

The four of us scurried to the ballroom in the south of the castle. There, the King, the Queen, the other Elite and Percy were waiting for us. We all curtsied to King Asshole and Queen Sally, before joining Drew, Calypso and the others.

"We're supposed to meet someone." Calypso whispered to us as the Elite formed a line. The ballroom doors swung open and Jason Grace entered, but, with him was someone else. A pale girl was clinging to Jason's arm. She had pitch black hair, laced with streaks of blue. She wore a camo dress, and was wearing heels to appear taller. Her hair was cut in a bob, though I could see she wanted it shorter. Her gaze swept around the room, and I caught her bright blue eyes, betraying her identity. The girl was Jason's sister, Thalia Grace. She stalked over to where the royal family was sitting, and greeted her relatives. She gave Sally a big hug, and ruffled Percy's hair, she looked vehemently at the King, and Jason put a hand to her shoulder. Her face morphed into a fake smile and she turned to us.

"Hello," she said, in a raspy voice. "I'm your fath-" que Jason's elbow smashing into her ribs. "I'm Thalia Grace, daughter of late Prince Zues, and I'm here today for two reasons."

"One," she continued. "Is Percy's birthday, which I was not intending to miss. And second, is to tell you all, that my opinion for the Prince's choice is second only to his, since I am also council head. For I will see whether or not the queen of Percy's heart has what it takes to be a princess." Thalia's eyes met mine for a fleeting second, then switched to the general audience. "So," she said. "You better be in my good books." With that, the door of the ballroom swung open again as a servant came running into the room.

"The Italians sire, they've arrived." He yelled. Gabriel rose instantly. He rushed out to greet them with Percy and the Queen, while the rest of us prepped the ballroom one last time.

Soon after, the King reentered. Accompanying him was a tall, pale man with a goatee. Following King Hades was his wife, Queen Persephone, deep in conversation with Queen Sally, while Hades looked like he would like nothing to do with the King of Illéa. Princess Hazel was clinging to her father, and Percy was smiling and talking to Princess Bianca, Prince Nico's eyes drifted from one person to the other, as if he was looking for someone. Nico was like his father, skinny and pale, while Bianca had olive skin and his same black eyes.

"Ladies," Queen Sally said, approaching us. "May I introduce to you, Queen Persephone of Italy."

"Hello." Queen Persephone said politely. We curtsied in reposnse and she smiled a bit at the show of respect.

"Oh not the formalities, girls. Please, I dislike that." She said. "One of you is going to be Queen, will you curtsy then?"

"Not at all, Queen Persephone. When I'm Queen, and I will be, I will hug the breath right out of you." Drew said, with fake enthusiasm.

Persephone looked at her weirdly. "Complacency is not a good trait young lady." She scolded. The rest of us held back our laughter as Drew turned red like the inside of a watermelon.