Chapter Twenty-Nine - Stardust

Alphonse gets ready to contact the supervisor for the media. The rebellions will be looking, he is sure of it. They will see and react. He sends the coordinates to make them appear during every screening, every interview, and every commercial.

"Wang, Santino, and I are ready. Whenever you say, we go," states Rory, standing in front of him.

"Tomorrow. Get some good rest before going. Remember, they are about six hours behind our time," he replies.

"Yeah, whatever," Rory breaths out through his nose. "You know we have an advantage, right? Our weapons are made to shatter theirs. Their sword, sniper, and the other one are nothing against ours. So yeah, I am not going crazy over it."

"Don't get cocky. Someone said the same. You know what happened?" he arches his brows at him.

"What?" he covers the same face.

"They got killed. Wang's parents thought they could win, knowing their pattern. Yet, they failed and died."

"The difference is, we got the good machines. They didn't," he huffs.

Alphonse sighs. He can't talk to him. There is no way. Rory is just way too full of himself. Hopefully, it won't break his neck. One day he will remember his words.

Rory walks out, leaving him alone.

"It's not the machine. It's the pilot who's at fault," says Alphonse to himself.

The media started to show the coordinates through their entire program, everywhere.

The twins, Riley and Wylie, can catch it immediately.

"Okay, where is that place?" she questions.

"Somewhere in South America. It is a place called the Valley of the moon. This is the place where the final battle will settle all our disagreements."

"Let's tell them," she says.

He nods in confirmation.

They call the pilots in for the, hopefully, final mission.

"Alright guys," states Wylie. "I'll send the exact coordinates to your Horizon's. They are expecting you in about twelve hours. Make sure to get a lot of rest. This might be the final fight of your life."

They all seem silent to the outside.

On the inside, everyone's heart is pounding like crazy—even the veterans. Logan hasn't been this nervous since his first fight ever. Especially now that Jason isn't here, the one man who could calm him with his presence before.

Riley seems worried the most. She holds back every tear that wants to see her skin. She can't do it now, not in front of the people. It would be embarrassing, especially in front of Henry and Michael.

Henry notices her different behavior. He walks up to her with a smile, puts his hand on her shoulder. "We are going to be back, back with a victory in our hands."

She shakes him off. "I-I know. Of course, you do," she says with a trembling voice.

A tear is running down as Henry hugs her intensely for a second. They look at each other. Even Henry has to fight with his tears.

"If you cry like this, you are making me cry. So, please stop, Riley," he says, rubbing his cheeks.

"Not like I can change you being a coward," she mutters.

Wylie starts to hug Riley and Henry follows. Mayumi, Darryl, Michael, Galina, and Logan. All come together, hugging each other for the last time.

"We are going to miss you, guys," says Wylie.