Chapter Twenty-Four - Shielding Madness

Kim looks at them. "I am not sure how long we can stay here."

Logan and the rest have been together with Kim for the past two days. Nothing has changed so far. They are sitting around the campfire thinking about a method on how to approach the bandits. If they go all in, they might take lives with them, something they want to avoid.

"What are we supposed to do now?" asks Henry while looking around the group.

"We need to lure them away somehow," says Michael lifting his eyebrows up and down.

"But how are we supposed to do that? We've tried for two days now. Nothing happened," Darryl huffs.

Kim brushes through her chin, then slowly turning her mouth into smirk. "You know what, guys. I know how." She stands up to the surprised faces of the others.

"How?" asks Logan.

"I will be playing decoy. I am going in together with one of you. Saving the people from the inside, walking out, and then you're good to go to do whatever you want."

"Wait, me?" Henry looks at her with open eyes.

"I will go," adds Logan with a sigh.

"Okay. Tomorrow you and I are going inside."

Logan gets ready. He's covering all of his weapons under his clothes, Kim is following, doing the same. He wears his pilot suit underneath to ensure his safeness regarding bullet assaults. Covering his entire clothes with a scarf, a hat, and a caftan-like look, oriental look.

"This looks so weird. I feel like a woman," he says.

"You'll get used to it. The others do it, too. And to be fair, it kind of suits you."

"I know, but it's just not easy to do that. Though it seems kind of breezy," he giggles.

"Yeah, one good aspect of it," she says smilingly.

"The plan goes as follows. We go in, save the people, take them out, and you sneak up from behind with the Horizon. They are bandits. No need to play safe once we're out of reach," explains Logan to the others.

"Okay. Good luck misses Wilson," says Darryl giggly.

Michael can't contain his laughter. Henry has to resist himself not to follow the laughs.

"Very funny," he scoffs. "At least I can experience the nice breeze underneath," and winks at them.

"I mean, the only thing that's missing is basically the make-up."

Logan smiles through the scarfs sarcastically.

"We will stay here and wait, please," Michael puts his hand on Logan's shoulder. "Please return, my lady."

He rolls his eyes, "shut up!" He grabs Kim and walks away as they continue to laugh.

They head towards the middle of the complex, where the bandits lurk through the fences of the temple. People of the unknown surround the entire place; all of them cover their hands with guns—no one left on Borobudur 's streets, everywhere blood, sand, and the feeling of unease. Their houses, destroyed nearby and some are still filled with rising ashes.

"Hey, you two beauties, where do you think you are going?"

Logan pitches his voice very high to sound like a woman. "We are here to surrender."

"Surrender, huh?" the man asks, looking at them from head to toe. "Well, then. Just making sure, okay?" he handcuffs the two and guides them inside.