Chapter Eighteen - History

They manage to escape and head back to the port—breathless.

"Why did you do that?" Michael puts his arms on his legs and breaths through his mound.

"Because," Wylie puts his hand on him and talks in the same vocal sound. "Do you really think we have money?"

"You guys are so weird," he says and stands back up, exhaling heavily. "We could have died in there!" lifting his voice.

"I know, but we didn't. Also, they don't even know who we are. Remember?" he picks up his masks. "We escape. They'll never find us!"

"At least that's a slight relief," Michael crosses his arms and lifts his eyebrows at him.

"I mean, we got what we came here for, right?" Galina asks as she places her arms at her hips.

"Yes," replies Wylie. "All we need is—"

Ekon waves at them and shouts through the port. "Guys! You made it. Come here!"

"Have you seen the stuff in there?" Michael's forehead creases as he points towards London.

"This is the reality," says Ekon lightly. "The world will never be free from evil."

"So, you know what's going on?"

"No, I don't. I've never been taking a step in there, just I know from your friends, what happens inside."

"Is there nothing we can do about that?" asks Galina, shaking her head.

"No," replies Wylie. "That's a different world. The underground world that we, surface people, don't walk in."

"What do you mean by that?" she arches her brows at him.

"Look at it that way, all we do, all we fight for is what we can change here. But the world will never be free from, as Ekon said, evil. There will always be people that do bad things," he gasps for air.

"Let's head back, you guys, so you can relax," the four nod their heads to Ekon and follow him. They make their way back on to the ship, looking at the ocean in silence, trying to process everything that happened.

Especially Michael.

He thought that Alphonse did get rid of the criminality, all of it. He never believed that people would find a way to co-exist within. Then again, why are they able to do that, and the rest can't? He just doesn't understand—all Alphonse does is lie. He lies; he fools people, all for what?

His perfect world.

And even though most of it is gone, something still resides in the shadow, is there even a way to remotely close the gap between the resistance and them? And what if they do, what about the rest? So many people left his ways. They left and moved on to a different world. Is it really worth fighting for something that cannot be obtained?

"I can't wait to go back home and sleep on my comfy bed and forget just everything we saw today," Galina stretches her arms.

"Yeah, me too," says Henry. "You okay, Michael?" he adds as he looks at him.

He doesn't answer for two seconds and turns his head back to the ocean. "Yeah, I am fine," he smirks slightly. "Just need a little bit of time for myself."

"Okay, then I won't disturb you on that," Henry leaves him with a smile on her face.

"I have a question," says Galina to get attention. "What kind of money was that?"

"You mean the money I paid with? Then, that would be dollars. It's a currency they used before the card."

"Oh, I see. It did look interesting since I saw the different currency's there."