Chapter Ten - Teamwork Plans

Începe de la început

Suhana looks at him with a surprised look. "Why do you say that?"

"Because I like how you embrace your ways. Like, in my opinion, everyone should accept how others love someone. It's their choice, not ours, you know."

"Yeah, that is true," says Galina. "But there is absolutely nothing that could separate me from her!"

"You're so cute, Galina!" Suhana smiles at her. "And you're with Mayumi in a relationship? I saw you two kissing the other day," she adds.

"Yes, that's correct," he says. "Out of all pilots, we are the only ones in a relationship, as long as we don't count in Logan and his weird relationship with the captain."

"What do you mean by that?" her eyes shorten.

He laughs. "It's just a joke, don't take it too seriously."

"So that is how everyone is like in here? Making jokes all the time?" asks Galina.

"Sometimes, yeah," he looks at them. "It's important never to forget how to smile," his mouth form a bright, contagious smile. "You can save the world with a smile!"

Both look at him, astonished. "Really?" they ask coordinated.

"No," he laughs. "I wish we could though the world would be better."

Wylie and Riley once again have to do the night shift. It's the third one in a row. In their comfortable pajamas, the twins sit in front of the holographic monitors and look at stuff that doesn't belong to work.

"You know what I really want to do?" she asks with slight tiredness in her voice.

"No, what is it?" he asks with the same tiredness in his voice.

"I would love to go on a trip. I mean, there are still places that Antares doesn't care about, so why not."

"You do realize that Jason would never, ever permit this kind of thing, right?" he looks at her with the same realization look that they usually have when both get the same Idea.

"Unless," she puts her index finger up.

"Unless it's for the teamwork, he won't dare to say no, I think. And we two need to go because we need to take care of the teams!" he adds with the same gesture and determination.

Both smile at each other, thinking the same. They rush upstairs immediately. The twins knock on Jason's office door; he usually stays up until past twelve, now it is half-past eleven.

"Why are you guys here. At this hour?" he asks with a slight annoyance in his voice.

Wylie looks at him with a happy face. "We wanted to ask if we could go on an adventure!"

Riley continues. And we, Wylie and I, are going to be part of this as the overseer!"

"I don't think that is possible," he answers, looking away.

"But Jason, look, there are so many places that Antares still has no idea they exist, so why not? And if we can find a place where friendships are going to be made—" she says with a smile.

Jason sighs. He looks at them as Wylie begs him, and Riley is off into her daydream. "Okay, fine. If you can find a safe place, then I might consider it. By tomorrow I want some suggestions."

In sync, they answer. "Rodger!" and head back to the bridge.

He looks at his family picture with a smile. Suddenly his mood drops as his eyes meet the little girl. His daughter, the only one he ever had. He remembers the accident, the one where he killed her.