Ch. 1 Summer Plan

FEEL FREE TO VOTE, FAN, AND COMMENT. LET'S SEE HOW THIS GOES, SHALL WE?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aly? Aly, are you there? I guess you went to bed early. You are such a party pooper, but I still love you. Anyway, tomorrow marks the last day of high school. We will no longer have to see those punks when we're done. California, here we come! See you in the morning!

I retrieved my best friend's message when I woke up at six o'clock in the morning. Apparently, she called my cell phone last night. She couldn't stop talking about California ever since we both got accepted into UCLA. We both wanted to leave this town and never look back. I wanted to leave because I wanted to get away from someone when I heard he was staying here after graduation. She wanted to leave because she liked to try new things.

"Aly, honey! Get up or you'll be late for school. You wouldn't want that to happen on the last day do you?" mom said, as she walked into my room unannounced. I don't feel like getting up for a day that has nothing important happening.

"Mom, can't I stay home today? We're not doing anything at school and you know how much I like doing things in class," I said, as I sat there on my bed rubbing my eyes. It was true; we weren't learning anything today so why should I waste my time going.

"Alyssa gets up right now or I will be taking you to school," she said, before she left my room with the door wide open. I may like learning, but I'm a teenager, and the last thing I want is my mother taking me to school in a van.

The blanket was already pulled off of me. So I headed straight to the bathroom, where I took my clothes off. I turned on the faucet, waiting for it to get warm and stepped inside the shower. After spending twenty minutes in it, I grabbed the towel that was hanging over the toilet and wrapped it around me. There was a routine I went through before I left my bathroom, which was brush my teeth, dry my hair, and put on some make up. I put my hair in a ponytail as soon as it was dry enough from the blow dryer. I walked out of the bathroom and headed for my closet. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt. As soon as I made sure I looked decent enough, I went downstairs to the kitchen, where my parents were.

"Would you like some waffles, Aly?" my mom said, as she made the next waffle. As much as I love waffles I don't think I had time to eat them. I'll have to grab something and go.

"No, that's okay; I'll just grab a pop tart and be on my way. Bye guys," I said, as I grabbed a package of two pop tarts and left the kitchen.

I grabbed my book bag from the sofa and walked out the front door. My car, a blue Chevy Malibu, was parked in our driveway. It may be the 2005 model but I don't care, I still love it. I named it Mali. Yes, loser I know, but that's how much I love it. I got in the car and drove to school. Today is the last time I'll see my friend, Tia before she goes backpacking in Europe for the summer. She's coming with me to California though, so that's good. I made it to school with ten minutes to spare. It takes me twenty minutes to get to school.

I was getting out of my car when I saw a familiar red head getting out of their car at the same time. It was weird to see her here this late. I walked slowly so she could catch up with me when she notices me.