Chapter 16- It's done.

1K! 1K! 1K! 1K! Thank you, Thank you, I love you all!

—-

"Wait!" Draco called after me as I tread on, my tears catching the wind as I do. I need to leave. I need to get away from him. I need to get away from Draco and his bullshit lies and manipulation.  He lied to me. He lied to me. 

"Please wait, Little Muggle." His voice desperate and muffled as it travels through the wind and into my ears.

I stop. Halt in my step. "Don't" My voice broke down, that nickname. That annoying, stupid, perfect nickname. The nickname I have grown to love as much as my real name. "Don't call me that" But I can't. I just can't hear him say that. Not anymore. Not after what he did so carelessly. After he told me I was a gift. After he confirmed to me that I am nothing more than property. 

"I was going to give you to my Lord as a souvenir."

I don't know what hurts more. The fact that I believed him to be good or the fact that I believed him to have saved me in a spontaneous act of kindness.

"Elara, let me explain to you." He asked softly. 

"Explain what to me, Draco? Explain to me that I was wrong? That you are the villain? Do you want me to stay? Because I can't. I can't stay. Not now, Draco. Not after you destroyed whatever semblance of trust I put in you. Do you want to know what hurt more? The thing that hurt the most was that I had to hear I was a pawn in your pathetic cowardly games from your mother. Your mother. Not you. I should have known. I should have listened to the bloody signs. I read about you but I thought it all to be lies." I laughed a humourless harrowing laugh, my tone so cold it made the wind seem like a cool blessing. His face a mess of tears, guilt and pain. A perfect whirlwind of harsh emotions, well-earned emotions. "The only lies I should have detected are the ones that leave your mouth. Now leave me, Draco." 

I turn on my heels and pull myself on again, in whatever direction I feel. I have nowhere to go, there is a war and in stuck. All because I trusted a broken villain.

"Where will you go?" He asked. I stopped once again. This time in shock. I expected him to beg me to stay or at least demand that I do. But no he asked where I will go. He cares. That I will not deny, I know that he does but he still lied to me and they certainly do not cancel each other out. Him showing his care and worry for me just pains me further, irony squeezing my heart in its mockingly relentless grip.  

"Away from you," I say.

"Where?"He whimpers, cracking his bold visage and appearing as the small broken boy I saw once before at the hospital. 

"It's not your problem just leave me, Draco, "I say, my heart clenches along with my jaw to hold in my uncontrollable sobs, my whole body numb with emotional pain. 

"Please don't leave me." He begged. He begged. This man begged and yet it did not feel as rewarding or as triumphant as I had imagined it to be. It was not as satisfying to look back and see him on his knees. It did not feel like a victory, it felt like a fatal loss, one I fear I might never recover from. The image of Draco Malfoy on his knees in the freezing cold, full-body sobbing and begging for me. For his muggle. 

"Please, Litt- Elara. Please don't leave me Elara." 

"Oh, Draco I'm afraid I'm already gone. You lost me already." He sobbed so loudly it hurt my ears, his sob so shredded my mind whirled and tilted on its axis. My everything was aching but I carried on anyway. "I wish you the best with your death eatering thing, I hope it makes you very happy. I hope that you enjoy being somebody's bitch for the rest of your life, killing muggles and being tortured by your great leader."

"I need you, Elara"

"No. You need a pawn and I will not fill those shoes. Not anymore. Do you want to know the saddest thing? I believed in you. I believed you could be a hero, that you were a hero. But I guess not. Have a nice life, Draco."

"I knew." I looked at him in confusion. He knew what? 

"I knew that when I took you it was for me and nobody else. I knew I needed hope. A light at the end of the tunnel. I knew I needed you. I was never going to hand you over. Never. I couldn't, I mean physically couldn't. That first night when I held you in my arms I knew you were there to stay. I need you. I need you because you are so much stronger than I am, you have so much courage and will, your so kind but determined, you a firey little muggle, one that I can't live without. Not anymore." He stood his pale face red with the cold and overpowering emotions.

He needs me. He knew that he needed me. What do I say back to that?

"You still said what you said, Draco. What's done is done. You've made your bed now lie in it." His face fell and turned into full-fledged fury, I staggered back as he approached me at an alarming rate. 

"Shut up! Just shut up, Little Muggle you know nothing! Nothing! Yes, I am not your saviour and I have killed muggles like you, I am not the good guy. I AM THE FUCKING VILLIAN! But you knew that. Deep down you knew that! I might have saved you for the wrong reasons but those reasons changed as soon as you opened your stupid little mouth. So please for the love of God, stay. Stay for Tilly, stay for whatever reason, I don't care why. but please stay. If you go out there now, little muggle you will die and I can't- I can't let that happen to you. Not you. Never you. If you stay then I will stay out of your way, I won't try and make amends or speak to you, I just don't want you to die."

"Okay," I say nonchalantly. 

"Please think abo- wait, you'll stay?"He exclaims, some colour returning to his pale features as soon as the conformation of me staying left my cold lips.

"Yes, I will stay. " I leave a pregnant pause between us. "But, you have to stay away from me and keep your mother away from me too."

"Done."