3

Mr Xiao who wanted to buy the kids ice cream saw his sons being bullied. He shifted to his wolf and kicked his hind legs, ready to run forward but froze when he heard Yibo growling and saw his red eyes.

He snapped out of his shock and ran forward as he let out a fierce growl. The older boys seeing a grown wolf growling at them, immediately ran away.

Mr Xiao immediately went to his son, licking his face where he was punched. However, a growl was heard from Yibo.

Mr Xiao frowned but backed off and shifted back and gently asked "Yibo? Let's bring Zhan Zhan to the hospital"

Yibo only growled while still staring warily at Mr Xiao. "Stupid wolf" Yibo scolded his own wolf, not knowing why he was growling.

Mr Xiao watched as Yibo's red eyes switched between normal and red. Yibo was fighting with his wolf for control.

Yibo's eyes switched back to normal. "Papa Xiao..." Yibo murmured before darkness hit him. Mr Xiao immediately scooped the boys up and rushed them to the hospital.

"Yibo is a true alpha, isn't he" Mr Xiao said after explaining the situation to the other 3. Mr Wang thought for a moment "But even true alphas come in contact with their wolves at earliest 10"

"And true alphas are very rare" Mrs Wang added. Their family trusted doctor, Jiang Yanli, nodded. "Maybe because this incident triggered his wolf"

"But Yibo will be fine right?" Mrs Xiao asked and Jiang Yanli nodded "He will wake up soon but we must do something to teach him how to link with his wolf"

The 4 nodded. Jiang Yanli then continued "Zhan Zhan suffered a few hits here and there. He is still young so he might wake up a day later. Let him stay here so that I can monitor him more"

The 4 nodded again and watched their two sleeping sons. 2 hours later, Yibo woke up with a headache. But he looked around till he saw Xiao Zhan lying on the bed beside.

Yibo's eyes turned red as he pounced onto Xiao Zhan's bed, sniffing his neck. "Mate, mate" Yibo called as he nudged his head against Xiao Zhan's, trying to wake him up.

The 4 adults stood there shocked. Mr Wang was the first to speak "Did I hear wrong? Yibo... He said mate..."

Mrs Wang and Mrs Xiao looked at each other in shock and the next moment, their hands were interlinked as they jumped and squealed in joy.

However, Mr Xiao said something that made their cheers died down. "Yibo is only 5. We only know our mates at age 18. Besides, Zhan is likely to be an alpha."

Mrs Xiao pouted "Maybe he said that because he likes Zhan Zhan?" Mr Wang shook his head "It is his wolf saying that."

Mrs Wang held Mr Wang's hand. "We don't know too much about true alphas. Let's find out more" The others nodded in agreement.

Yibo whimpered and nudged Xiao Zhan a few more times. He then positioned himself properly and fell asleep hugging Xiao Zhan.

The 4 adults spent their whole time researching and only found one lead. Wen RuoHan, someone who spent his life researching about true alphas.

Mr and Mrs Wang immediately brought Yibo to him. "It is not good for true alpha wolves to come out earlier than they should" Wen RuoHan said.

Mr Wang held Mrs Wang as they continued listening. "This pill will help his wolf go back to sleep. It will grow properly and come out when it should" Wen RuoHan said.

Mr and Mrs Wang fed Yibo the pill and the next time Yibo woke up, his eyes were normal. Mr and Mrs Wang thanked Wen RuoHan who would update them about his findings about true alphas.

Yibo woke up hours later with Xiao Zhan tightly in his embrace. Yibo felt tingles in his heart, though he did not understand. Yibo only knew he felt happy and comfortable as he went back to sleep.

A year later....

"BEACHHHHH! BEACHHHHH! WE'RE GOING TO DA BEACHHHHHHHHH!" Xiao Zhan screamed excitedly and pounced on Yibo's bed, sitting on his lap and shaking him furiously.

"Stupid Bo Bo! Wake uppppp! IT'S BEACH TIME!" Xiao Zhan laughed and shouted, while still shaking Yibo to wake him up.

"Urgh, annoying Zhan, you're so annoying!" Yibo grumbled. It's just the beach. Xiao Zhan ignored him, shoving him into the toilet. "Be quick, stupid Bo! We can't be late!"

Xiao Zhan then ran to wake their parents up. After he finished waking them up, Xiao Zhan ran to the door and put on his shoes, with the many things he planned to bring and sat there, waiting excitedly for them to come.

10 minutes later... Xiao Zhan was too impatient. He quickly ran up and called all of them again before running back to the front door and sitting there while waiting for them.

10 minutes later, Xiao Zhan's eyes became teary. Why were all of them taking so long! Suddenly, Yibo appeared and Xiao Zhan's eyes lit up.

"Bo Bo!" Xiao Zhan ran up and pounced on him, hugging him like a koala. "You're finally here, Bo Bo!"

Yibo rolled his eyes, though his heart was thumping so quickly because of how cute Xiao Zhan was, sitting and waiting at the door with teary eyes, and how he so excitedly shouted 'Bo Bo' and pounced on him.

"You sound like you waited for hours" Yibo rolled his eyes and Xiao Zhan pouted "Every minute waiting feels like an hour!"

Yibo could only chuckle but Xiao Zhan gasped. "Where's your snacks? And your ball? And your clothes? And all your other stuff?"

"Annoying Zhan, they're all in my parents room. I passed it to them last night" Yibo sighed and Xiao Zhan nodded happily.

Another 10 minutes later, their parents finally came down. Xiao Zhan squealed and opened the door, running out.

However, the moment he ran out, it started pouring. Xiao Zhan was shocked by the sudden rain pouring on him and stood there, under the rain, frozen.

Yibo immediately ran into the rain and pulled Xiao Zhan, who was still frozen with big, widened eyes, back into the house.

Xiao Zhan looked fearfully at their parents. "S-Sorry kids..." Mrs Wang sighed, looking at Xiao Zhan's 'I've come to the end of the world' expression.

"It's raining so heavily... It can't be helped..." Mrs Xiao said and Mr Xiao nodded. "Zhan, be good, let's postpone it"

Tears started rolling down Xiao Zhan's cheeks and a few seconds later, Xiao Zhan burst into a loud cry, falling onto the ground and kicking his legs.

Their parents stood there with pained hearts while Yibo sighed. Xiao Zhan is so cute but he is crying too hard!