𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 (𝟐𝟒)

this is levi's pov 

warnings- 

extreme torture 

missed yall 

Levi closed his eyes once more as he felt the last tear fall from his eyes. It began to hurt so bad, he couldn't even cry. He hated the world. He was sick and tired of living just to watch his loved ones die. He hated being alone in the darkness. The emptiness took over his soul and mind. He wanted to feel something so bad. The only one who helped him feel was Layla. The ghost and aura of her hands traced down his back as he shivered and remembered what it was like to be with her.

To feel loved.

To feel whole.

To feel like he belonged.

He remembered how comforting her touch made him feel. As much as he wanted to escape—he couldn't. Layla wasn't dead. She was strong. It would take a lot to kill someone as powerful as her.

Levi stood up from the floor, dusting himself off as he did. Dried tears decorated his face along with blood-shot eyes and soaked lashes. He shook his head and took a deep breath as he made his way to the bathroom. His eyes met his reflection. Weakness was all he saw. Levi took out the braids Layla created for him and changed into his uniform.

The hole he dug himself only made him hurt more. It was time to take his grief and turn it into determination. He wasn't going to find Layla sitting in his room crying and hoping for her return. Levi wiped his tears and left his bedroom. He couldn't find Layla on his own. 

"Hange?!!" Levi said for the third time as his knocking began to increase against Hange's door. Hange was the only one he could trust. Erwin would usually be included but he didn't want to find Layla. He wanted to wait. Hange, on the other hand, seemed eager to find her.

"Levi??" Hange opened her door and squinted her eyes at the bright light from the hallway. There was dried drool on her right cheek. Her hair was tangled and her glasses were tilted on her face. Levi cringed at the sight of his friend.

"Stop falling asleep with your glasses on." Levi said with a straight face and fixed her glasses for her.

"It was an accident. What are you doing here?" Her voice was raspy and she scratched the side of her head. Levi pushed passed her as he turned her light on. Hange just shook her head in reaction and turned her body to face his. He had plopped his body on the sofa. His legs were slightly spread as he rested his elbows on his knees. He stared right into Hange's eyes and she sat beside him.

"I need your help." Levi admitted and chewed on his bottom lip.

"I think I know exactly what you need help with." Hange threw her arm over Levi's shoulder and shook his body. She smiled and Levi closed his eyes in gratefulness, returning the smile.

"I have to find her, Hange. I won't be able to live with myself without knowing if she's alive or not." He gulped and rubbed his hands together.

"Layla is strong. You know that more than anyone else. She can take care of herself." Hange squeezed his shoulder and gave him a sincere smile. Levi shook his head and took a deep breath.

"Hange. This is Zeke we're talking about. She could be suffering as we speak. I don't wanna wait like Erwin said. I wanna do this now. Before it's too late." Levi talked with his hands and ruffled his hair. He was stressed but also eager. It would be nice to have Hange's help, but he would do it with or without her. Hange looked at him with puzzling eyes. She had a slight smirk and removed her arm from around him.