𝐚 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 (𝟏𝟒)*

warnings -

slight smut

go follow my tiktok . i talk about the story a lot there . :) the @ is the same . (@xowriterr)

A couple days had passed. Layla and Landon bickered everyday, getting nowhere with their conversations. Each one resulted in name calling and bloody noses. Someone would break them up, and the day would proceed on.

Jean and Eren tried their best to figure out Layla and Levi's relationship. It was very difficult, though. Because of Layla and Levi's huge argument, the two had no real interactions. Levi would only talk to her if the conversation related to squad direction. The two had given up.. for now. 

Zeke and Layla's relationship was becoming more and more complicated. Layla wished it wasn't though, as she had just gotten out of one of those. Their relationship consisted of constant flirting and precious name calling. Rarely were the two not complimenting each other. Neither of them really addressed it. This would definitely come back to bite them in the ass, though. Layla was familiar with unknown boundaries in relationships, and she was doing the exact same thing with Zeke.

It was the middle of the day and Commander Erwin called for a meeting in the cafeteria. There was no mission coming up, so everyone was beyond confused. The captains were even lost.

Everyone gathered in the cafeteria. Zeke, of course, sat next to Layla. He put his arm around her shoulders playfully. Layla smiled at him and rolled her eyes. Eren sat on the other side of her and wrinkled his nose at Zeke's actions.

"Crazy how the two of you have only known each other for a week and you're seconds away from eating each other's faces," he scoffed and looked away. Layla moved Zeke's arm and put her chin on Eren's shoulder.

"I like you way more than I like that idiot. Don't be jealous," Layla told Eren.

"Heard that, Zeke?" Eren chuckled and Zeke looked at Layla with a scowl. Layla and Eren laughed and was immediately interrupted with the commander's voice.

"Scouts," he announced, "We seem to have a fraud among us." Everyone looked around with wrinkled eyebrows and scrunched faces.

"Today I discovered Annie's crystal had been destroyed. She escaped some time last night." 

About five months ago, Annie tried to overthrow the captains and commander to lead the scouts on her own. That day, everyone discovered her titan abilities. She killed multiple people, most of them being Levi's squad. Annie believed if a titan shifter ran the scouts, they could finally take back what's there and be free from the ugly monsters that roamed outside of the walls. Her plan failed tremendously. In the matter of days, Eren's titan had beaten hers. Before he could kill her, she sealed herself in a hardened crystal. Everyone thought it was unbreakable until Commander Erwin announced otherwise.

"Okay. She escaped. What does that have to do with the scouts? How is there a 'fraud amongst us'?" Historia raised her hand and asked.

"It was very clear that Annie didn't break out alone. There was a pickaxe, a hammer, and multiple tools that signaled others were helping her." The crowd gasped and whispered amongst themselves. Erwin quickly hushed them and everyone looked up.

"I want all of you to be aware of your surroundings and your 'friends'," Erwin air quoted around 'friends', "We need to figure out who the real enemy is as it's not a what anymore. Be careful cadets. You are dismissed. Eren, Reiner, Landon, and Zeke— I want all of you to meet me for dinner to discuss plans for Annie's arrival. It's bound to happen any moment." The four of them shook their heads in agreement.