𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 (𝟏𝟑)

no warnings, just zeke being zeke . i've decided to post every time i finish a chapter just in case wattpad takes my story down . enjoy !

Landon's eyes met Layla's and he nearly burst into tears. Their reasonings were completely different though.

"Landon??" Layla's voice cracked and everyone looked at her. They were all so confused. Layla's day had been so chaotic and it had barely started.

"Uh, you know this kid?" Connie said with his eyebrow raised. Everyone's eyes switched from Layla and Landon.

"That's my brother," Layla ran towards Landon and wrapped his arms around his long, lean body. Landon didn't hug back, though. In fact, he slightly pushed her off. Layla let go and looked up at him as tears fell from her face. She was surprised she still had tears left.

Landon shrugged her off and went to greet the rest of the soldiers. Layla just stood there and watched him. The brother she was once so close with, didn't even care of her existence. They hadn't seen each other in over 3 years and he wasn't even a little bit excited. Her heart was completely broken.

Layla stuffed her hands in her pocket and looked away from everyone. When she turned around there was a broad chest in her view. She looked up slowly and was greeted with a tall, bearded man.. He had a square jaw, but his beard covered it up. His glasses were round and complemented his face perfectly. He was tall and well-toned with gray-blue eyes. His hair was shaggy and platinum blond. He smiled and looked down at her, holding his hand out.

"I'm Zeke," he said confidently, looking at the stunning woman in front of him.

"I'm Layla," she said with a smile on her face. Erwin had embarrassed her in front of her squad, seeing a new face made her feel better. "Commander Erwin said your last name was Yeager? Are you related to Eren Yeager?" she turned and pointed towards him. Zeke let go over her hand and looked at Eren also.

"Yeah, he's my brother" he said calmly and shrugged. Layla looked at him with a frozen face and wide eyes.

"Eren never told me he had a brother," Layla exclaimed as she looked back up at Zeke.

"Yeahh, he doesn't really like me," Zeke laughed and shrugged. He placed his hands on his hips watching Layla freak out. Eren never really told her much about his family. He had told her his mom was eaten by a titan and that's all.

"Same for my brother, I guess," Layla shook her head and remembered that her dead brother was now within a mile radius from her.

"Landon is your brother, right? He was honestly a bitch on the bus. If I was him, I would be more than happy to see you," Zeke playfully shoved her and Layla giggled.

"We were so close when we were little, but I can't imagine what he's been through. I guess I can't judge him. Yet," Layla reassured herself and punched Zeke in his chest.

"I'll see you around," she smiled as she began walking away.

"I sure hope so," Zeke gloated and walked the opposite direction.

"Yeager Jr. Danford Jr.," everyone giggled and Landon rolled his eyes, "I want you to just watch for today. Just so you can get the jist of how we work," Levi began speaking, "Original Danford. Pick a partner. Show these two men what you're capable of." Levi nodded his head in her direction and stepped back. Zeke folded his arms and smirked, waiting to see Layla in action. Landon stood there with a blank stare. He wouldn't believe that anyone could compete to his level of training.

"Hmmmm," Layla paced back and forth and scanned her squad for dramatic effect, "Reiner. Come on." Layla smiled and grabbed his arm, pulling him in the middle of the circle everyone had managed to create. She was definitely being risky. Usually she would only fight with Eren and Jean. They were strong and could fight very well, but nowhere near Layla's skill level. Reiner, on the other hand, was closer to her level than Jean and Eren were. Layla chose Reiner so she could so Levi and her brother — and maybe even Zeke— that she was capable of beating someone as skilled as Reiner.