The love of Shawna and Andrew art

Being in yearbook sucked ass

Having to walk around, ask people to take photos, you just feel creepy about it after awhile. Or that's just how Andrew felt with the stares of his white peers.

"Okay, you gotta get my photo"

All Except one anyways.

Louis was posing ridiculously in front of the locker, sticking his foot out to show his new shoes. "Come on Drew! I look hot!" "For the last time Louis, I can't waste anymore photos" Andrew sighed as he cleaned the lenses of his camera. "It won't be a waste, come on. It's me" Louis pops the collar of his jacket looking at the girls walk by in the hallway. "What people you gotta take a pic of anyways?"

"Clubs, and people that they vote for. They started the voting system" Andrew kept his eyes low for most of the time, he grateful that Louis even decide to pick him to be his friend. He thought it was gonna be some sick prank he and his friends were pulling or simply he was just gonna use him for his homework but he could never predicted that they would be this close. "Chin up buddy" Louis slings his arm across his shoulder. "This is your America too, Did you hear about the new student?" Andrew rolls his eyes, he hated random transfers. It meant more rushing around and last minute photos.

"No, I didn't. Who are they?" "Ooh she's all the buzz Drew, from what I heard she's from Africa too" Andrew perked up a bit at the mention of his homeland. "Really now? Which part" "How many parts are in Africa again?" Louis questioned, he tugged Andrew along to continue their talk. "Multiple. I'm Kenyan technically" "Well-"

"Excuse me" The two of them stopped walked hearing the thick accent come from behind them. When Andrew turned around he swore he saw an angel, made by for himself. She was wearing long blue bell bottoms with a cheetah print top that looked too criminally good on her. But that didn't even top what he really fell for, her eyes. He never seen anyone around the school with eyes like those. Everything about her was perfect, and her skin just complimented everything she was wearing. "Do you know where....erm...what do you guys call it?" He heard her mutter something in a familiar language and it made him tense up. Louis elbowed his side, giving him a look before turning back to the girl in front of them.

{Y-You know Swahili?}

He practically saw her eyes light up when he spoke those words.

{Yeah!! I'm the new transfer from Kenya. I can't find the office, mind helping me?}

Andrew's mouth went dry hearing her ask for help. He nodded his head quickly before motioning her to follow. "Wait, What just happened!!" Louis watched as they walked off before jogging to catch up. "We're showing her to the office Lou" "You didn't even ask her for her name Drew!" Louis stood in front of the girl, holding his hand out with a smile. "I'm Louis, what's your name green eyes?" The girls looked at his hand for a moment before shaking on it with a bit of hesitation. "Lashawn Gardner, but in front of white people I go by Nicole"

Lashawn, She had such a unique name compared to his. Andrew felt his finger twitch as he kept a grip onto his camera. "Ah mh!" Andrew looks yo hearing Louis clear his throat. "I -I'm Andrew Art" "It's very nice to meet you both" Lashawn smiles as she moves her purse onto her shoulder. "Now, can we get to the...office?" "R...Right! Right this way"

Louis watched as Andrew lead the girl to the office, a grin appearing on his face. In his two almost three years of being friends with Andrew he had never expressed interest in any girl before, he even tried to get them double dates before but it only ended up working in his favor rather the both of them. He began rubbing his hands together, there was no way he was gonna let Andrew self sabotage and lose a girl like her. The warning bell rung and students began to scatter through the hallway, Louis began strolling with his chest puffed out high and proud to his next class.
~
It had to be a coincidence. Andrew couldn't help himself but to look at her sit in the front of the class near the window. He had her in almost all of his classes, and by third period she was almost friends with the entire school. She was actually sitting among the popular clique as more people flooded the room. She was doing what he could barely do, befriends with the enemy. He couldn't stand to see them touch her like a pet, touching her hair, hands, anything. It made him cringe and he doesn't know how she could do it.