Letters

"Hey, we got a letter from Jade" Tulip holds up  an two envelope. One read 'to the losers' and the other 'to the 'gang'. Tulip throws the letter to Eddie before going outside. Belch, Patrick, and Vic were already waiting outside. "You got mail?" Belch asked leaning against his car, "We all do, it's from Jade" She walked over and started opening the envelope, giving the scraps to Vic as she started reading it aloud.

To the 'gang',

Hey y'all, bet you guys didn't expect to hear from me again. It's been about a week since I've been gone right? Time flies. Since I've been back in Lewiston, The gangs were in tears since I've been back. Somehow they all thought I died with my parents too, isn't that crazy?

I'm supposed to be living with my grandparents but if I'm being completely honest, I haven't even laid down in that bed since I've been back. I been out, somehow hoping to see a blue trans am outside my window to pick me up. It's like, since I been back it's been crazy. Spending a summer up in Derry and getting my wish granted to move back doesn't seem so sweet anymore.

I wish I could bring you guys along with me, maybe one day I'll be able to visit if Auntie let's me! If you guys are still there. I bet you guys would take whatever you can to get out, wouldn't you? I told the gang about my summer with you guys (I left out some parts to spare your life Patrick), they called all of you crazy. They actually wouldn't mind meeting you all, and of course they do NOT like Henry. I understand why, but don't you guys feel bad for him? Because I do. It wasn't his fault, it was ITS fault Id like to believe.

I'm not writing this to defend him. Im writing this to tell you all I miss you. I miss Victor's nerdy to kill a mockingbird ass, I miss my homegirl Tulip who was practically a big sister I never had, I miss Reggie, my brother from another mother, who filled the role of my brother while he wasn't there. And yes, I miss you Patrick. I miss your stupid weird complements, if anyone was gonna tell me if I looked good it was always you. I haven't told you guys but, I've been listening to those weird bands you all put me on. Metallica and AC/DC I think are the two.

Anyways, let me wrap this up. You all are probably tired of reading. I wanted to tell you that I did, have the best summer of my life beside the clown factor. I nearly forgot about home a few times while I was with you guys, because I actually felt...at home? Now that I'm actually home, people pity me and I hate it. I fought a clown and Henry Bowers for Christ sake! I'm nothing to be pitied. Please don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, or without me. I'll see you all soon! My phone is at the bottom of the paper and so is my address!

Remember! You are loved!

Jade (Green eyes, Gem, Shortie)

Ps, the gang says hi :)

At the end of the letter, was a picture of her back home. They all assume the gang was standing around her, it was most definitely an in the moment picture. "Damn...That's a lot of people" Tulip mutters. She counted at least fifteen in the photo, but the main three surrounding her must've been her best friends. They were slightly jealous. She got to leave, leave them. They knew it wasn't her fault that she left, it was mainly her aunts fault. "Is it wrong that I just wanna go and get her?" Belch mutters looking at his mileage on his car. "Green eyes is gone for good?" Patrick seemed a bit sad staring at the picture. It was out of character for him, but they all seemed out of character today. "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure she'll come back" Tulip smiles putting the letter back in the envelope. "This? Stays in the car"
~~
"Bowers, you got mail" The guard throws the letter at the boy who was sitting on his bed. Who would be sending him mail? No one could possibly care for him. He reached out for the letter, reading the envelope.