The Strangers: Origin

"You're nuts"

He flashes her a pearly white smile as he puts his hands on Jade's shoulders. "I've been offered to DJ for the biggest party of our career!! You have to come to support me!" Sekani had been talking about this party since the year started. "My mixes are fire you said it yourself!! You're the one who pushed me!!" "What is this Bozo talking about now?" The two of them looked up to see Seven with his book bag slung a crossed his shoulder. "Is he still talking about that party? He wouldn't shut up about it during first period" "Because I'm excited!! And you guys aren't trying to come out to support me!!"

Jade was all but too weary with going to places outside of school, especially at night. With that Butcher running rampant and nothing but a shitty suspects that always get released right afterwards it only left her on edge. She always wanted to be home before the sun sets, to her home was the only thing that was safe. "You do know there's a killer running around right? And that we're black?" Sekani sucks his teeth, slapping his hand on the table. "Man fuck that shit, ain't nobody scared of them" "Bold coming from someone who slept with a nightlight up until the seventh grade" The group looked over to the new voice, Sierra holding her manikin head. "Sierra!!" Sekani whined. "You said you wouldn't tell anyone!!"

The table filled with laughter as Sierra took her seat, she didn't waste any time with pulling out her salad and roughly shaking the container. "Where's Lorraine? I thought you both took criminology together" Jade looked at the entrance of the cafeteria as students and teachers flooded the area. "We do, I dont know why I take that class doh. Too much blood for me. But Home girl said she'd catch up with me. Had something to do or sum" Sierra shrugs her shoulder as she removed the lid of her container. "She a lil weird white girl. But she's white what can we expect?" Jade sighs propping her arm on the table. She sometimes worried for Lorraine, she had a feeling that they were growing apart with her diving straight into her school work.

"She takes that class more serious then me. She's like my little cheat sheet, love the girl" Sierra started eating her salad as she hums. "But what we're we talking about? We going to Sekani's party or what?" Seven and Jade looked at each other, both of their answers determined the other. "Don't tell me it's a tie!" Sekani whined. "Cmon guys, we're supposed to be friends!" "I dunno Sekani" Seven muttered rubbing the back of his neck. "Jade is right, I don't really want to go out during all of this serial killer shit" "Listen, to be fair, I heard he's also a home invader. So to be honest, we aren't safe anywhere" "True on that" Sierra points her fork at Sekani before moving it to point at Seven and Jade. "Dont be lames. Just come out"

"Hey guys" Lorraine finally came flocking over to the table with her lunch tray. A smile immediately went back up on Sekani's face as he scooted over to give her space to sit. "Here! Sit!" He said patting the space near him. Lorraine sat her bag on the floor and squeezed between him and Jade. "Okay, Lorraine. What are you doing tonight?" Lorraine blinks, she really didn't plan on doing anything. And if she did she didn't want to tell them out of all people. "Nothing really...W-" "That's great news! Fantastic actually!" Sekani said cutting her off. "I'm DJing for a party tonight. And I'm just saying, that you should totally join us!" Sekani went to lean on her shoulder. "It could be a vibe!!"

"Don't let him pressure you man, it's your choice" Lorraine looked between the group, Sierra wasn't as much attentive seeing how she was enjoying her salad. "This a good ass salad" she comments as she continued to ignore the tension. "Sure? I supposed I can get out the house" Sekani threw his fist in the air hearing jade and seven sigh. "It's three against two! You guys are coming!" "Alright Alright" Jade shakes her head. She couldn't believe she was actually agreeing to this, but she can't let her fears get the best of her. In the words of her mother:

"Fear is temporary, but money is forever"

That quote made no sense to her in that moment, still doesn't actually. Wouldn't both be temporary? What the hell is wrong with her life? "Jade?" Jade snapped out of her deep thoughts turning to Seven who gave her a worried look. "You good?" Her eyes soften as she gave him a smile. "Yeah man, just worried" "Stick by me the whole time" Seven extends his arm over on her shoulder, rubbing her arm. "I'll protect you, promise" Jade leaned into his hold for a moment. There's only few people in the world who made her feel safe, Seven was glad to be one of them.
~
Jade looked over at Lorraine on her side of the dorm, for the most part they were ready for the party. Jade was helping Lorraine out for a few finishing touches. "You sure you're just comfortable in that?" Lorraine asks pointing down at jade. Jade looks down at her outfit before looking back up at Lorraine. "What's wrong with my fit?" "You're just wearing a yellow hoodie with black jeans. It's a party" "I'm not really the party type babe, hand me air forces. Seven's outside" Lorraine hands jade the white shoes and picked up her purse.