History Class (WIP)

History, we're doomed to repeat it if we don't learn from it.

It's not like they cared, it was just another class in the gang's eyes.

"Patrick, you aren't skipping class" Ali elbows his side as the two walked down the hallway. "And why shouldn't I? It's just gym" Patrick has a list of classes he didn't go to on the regular, but today was Friday. And everyone knew what Friday's were. "Do you want to get caught in the hall sweep?" Ali asked as they stood in front of the history classroom door. "You already had three detentions this week. Do you seriously want to explain to your mother when your suspended?" Patrick stood there silently, it was hard to read him sometimes.

"Hey guys!" Lorraine came up behind the two, History was the only class Lorraine was ever really on time for. "Hey Rainey days" Ali greets while reaching up to Patrick's face, she went to pinch his cheek but he grabbed her hand and gave her a look of annoyance. "Lorraine, did you do the history homework? I'll need it for Monday" "Go fuck yourself, I worked hard this time" Lorraine flips the tall boy off and continue past the couple into the classroom. "Yeah! The point is to make it easy for me!!" Patrick shouted into the classroom seeing her disappear into a different side of the room. Ali giggles and pats his shoulder. "You aren't getting that essay from her"

"Well, I'll figure out something. Maybe I'll get your brother to do it" Ali rolls her eyes, yeah right. Richie would totallly do it, what is his thought process sometimes? "Sure-" A loud smack cuts Ali off and immediately Patrick's hand flew up to hold the back of his neck. "Ow! The fuck!" Patrick turns to face the culprit, a grin spreading on their face. "Get to class loser, Bond is closing gym doors early" Tulip points down the hall to the gym doors. "Unless you wanna get caught" "Whatever, I'll see the both of you after school" Patrick walked away from them through the halls as everyone scurried to their classes.

Henry came running up to the door, damn near out of breath. "I fucking hate that my class is on the other side of the damn building" "Wow, Henry bowers running to class?" Ali remarks sarcastically. "Never thought I'd see the day" "Yeah Yeah, I didn't feel like having detention" Henry waves his hand dismissively, he peaks in the classroom and scans over it quickly. "Where's Jade? Is she not showing again?" "I don't know, You know she never really shows for last period" Ali looked back seeing Lorraine reading at her desk. "Hey! Either come in and sit or leave! Stop standing at my door!" The trio looked over at Miss Smith who was staring just as sternly at them. Before Henry could state his reason of waiting, the bell rung. The three begrudgingly went over and took their seats.

Henry sat in the back and leaned against the heater as he took an overview of the classroom. Tulip sat in front of him, Ali sat over near Lorraine, and there's Jade's empty desk beside him that remained that way since the first week of school. Miss Smith closed the front door and pulled out her clipboard and started going down the line of names.

"Jaden Art?"

Henry side eyes the desk beside him, the teacher paused before calling her name again. "It's not like she's going to appear out of thin air" Tulip mutters under her breath, she leans on her hand and stared out the window. "Okay...Henry Bowers" Henry waves his hand and the teacher made eye contact with him before checking off on her attendance. As she continue to list of everyone's names, a knock at the front door was heard. Miss Smith opened the door and two people walked in. Jade and the Principal. "Oh, Miss Art" Miss Smith crossed her arms with the clipboard. "Where were you these past...Two weeks?" "She was in my office, Miss Smith" The principal kept a hand on the girl's shoulder as she sunk into her hoodie or tried to. "I wanted to see if she'll feel comfortable with coming to today's class. She spends most of this class period in my office" Miss Smith eyes the girl before she nods her head in approval as she pulls back out the clipboard to check off Jade's name. "Go take your seat"

Jade sighs as she walks down the isle down to her seat. Henry smiled seeing her sit beside him. "Hey" he whispers, he could tell she didn't feel well but a bit of conversation couldn't hurt. "Hi..." She mutters slouching in the chair. "Got caught?" He asked with a slight smug look. Jade didn't reply to him, she threw her hood over her head. "Sure Henry"

"Everyone pull out your text books and flip to page two hundred" The room was filled with papers flipping and book bags rustling as she continued on with instruction, writing something on the board."Who can get Miss Art caught up on what we learned last class?" She asked as she continued to write on the board. Immediately, Lorraine's hand shot up making Tulip roll her eyes. "Miss Kaspbrak! Do you remember?" "Did I have my hand up?" Tulip shot back seeing her put down the chalk and face her. "No, but I'd like to see what you know"

Tulip sat there with her arms crossed, shrugging her shoulders. "About the aftermath of something right?" "Close, Miss Finley?" "The civil rights era!" "Oh great" Jade mutters pulling the strings of her hoodie. "Of course he makes me go to class during this period" Jade went puts her head down on the desk covering her face. She tried to convince the principal into letting her stay in his office but he insisted on her socializing with other kids instead of the adults in the office. "Miss Art, Take your hood and sit up please" Jade didn't respond or move, she tried to ignore her but the teacher only ended up walking up to her desk.

"Jade" Henry taps her back seeing the teacher walk up to them. "Cmon, you're being annoying again" Jade lifted her head slightly and glared at him. "I'm just tired." "There is no sleeping in my class Jaden-" "It's Jade" Miss Smith tensed up seeing the girl sit up slowly and take off her hood. "It's Jade, call me Jade" "...Alright. Please pay attention" Henry watched as jade leaned back in her seat with her arms crossed. He'd be a shitty boyfriend if he couldn't tell what was wrong with her, he looked at the calendar. Was today a certain date? What could be bothering her today?

"Lorraine, if you can read at the top of the page for the class" "Gladly" Lorraine said as she puts her finger at the top of the page. "Nerd" Henry coughs as he clears his throat. Lorraine looked over and glared before she started to read. Jade was following along for the most part, but