17.2: Believe

┊ʙᴇᴏᴍɢʏᴜ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ┊ೃ⁀➷

I guess I am the one to be blamed for this.

"Please...don't cry."

It hurts, really. Every time I see him like this, it hurts and the pain is unbearable. "I am here. I will never leave." But I am not even sure of my own words as I speak them out just to provide some sort of solace to the crying mess which iS Huening Kai. And it hurts even more when I see those scars on his wrists that finally lay bare to the naked eyes.

It hurts.

"I am sorry for being like this. I don't want to do this. None of it." The younger sobs and I can almost hear my own heart crying along because no, none of it is his fault. And I was wrong all along.

"Shush. It's alright."

Ryujin's words from that day in the car now make so much sense. And so does Bahiyyih's from the night before. He really needs someone by his side to hold up his fragile self as he tries to move on, stumbling and staggering but never giving up.

Now, however, it seems he is too close to do just that. None of the shine is now left of the boy who he was two years ago. It has all died down and I fear that he might as well...

"I believe you, love. Everything. I believe it."

It all started with me eavesdropping on Ryujin and Kai a few hours ago. My hands had held bags of food in each as I had stopped in the middle of my tracks after hearing one specific thing voiced by a certain someone I knew all too well, or maybe never knew at all.

"Y-you were the one who—"

"—killed her? She kind of deserved it for being a nosy bitch, not gonna lie."

I had stared at the door like it was the most foreign thing to me as my world had come crashing down, my heart on a marathon of its own. I couldn't believe my ears and was having a hard time standing up, falling to my knees in front of the door. I felt weak and stupid as disbelief still wrote itself across my face, eyes as wide as they'll ever be.

"She was trying to save you, you fucker!"

"Save me?"

I could've sworn it was amusement in his voice, but I knew somehow that he was far from being amused over the situation.

I don't know if I am glad to be proven right.

"You hate me, don't you? I am a monster."

This is not the first time I am hearing him say that. And I might be tired of it by now, finally finding myself breaking down as well.

By now, tears had been my long-forgotten friend. I remember the last time we met was when I still was grieving over my very first break-up. Now, we meet again as they break free from the brim of my eyes. The best of friends we are, indeed.

"I-I can never, Kai. I can never hate you. I would never hate you even if you were to kill me as well. I w-will always love you like the Kai I loved a year ago. I love you so damned much, baby. Never say th-that again."