Article: The political scandal

Ravenwood murders and Samjeon blast connected - all you need to know- article by Na Jaemin

- all you need to know
- article by Na Jaemin

Ravenwood High School, found in 1992, is the ideal place of education one could only dream of unless they were born with a silver spoon. The institution is located in Seocho-gu and is one of the earliest establishments present there. Its history, however, is something you may have turned a blind eye to.

Something not a lot of people know is that the school was founded by an organisation named the Begonia, which, in 1999, was exposed to be an undercover gang of the mafia. The gang was accused of 79 murders, 42 kidnappings and illegal smuggling of drugs like Methamphetamine, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, Benzos and Cocaine. The supply of the drugs listed above was flown all the way from the South American continent and was distributed amongst the youth of South Korea, mainly in Seoul. Rumours say that these were stored in a warehouse nearby Ravenwood High.

However, in 2005, the gang disintegrated and not a single member of it was found ever again. According to the assumptions made by the police, they may have been left to death's mercy by a rival or were planning for a comeback in the coming years. And to this day, there hasn't been any sign of them.

During these two weeks since the Samjeon blast, many appealing conspiracies were presented by the curious public and one such conspiracy said that the blast might have a motive to warn the government of something big. And that big 'something' commenced only three days after- the Ravenwood murders.

The aforementioned event has been on every news channel's prime time, yet the majority failed to notice the connection it had with the terrorism ensuing in the rest of Seoul.

The first murder recorded by the police was of Kim Dayeon, daughter of Kim Junhui, the owner of FirstPharma- a trusted pharmaceuticals company in South Korea. Kim Junhui worked closely with the government and it would be no surprise if he knew secrets as well.

The next known victim was said to be the eldest son of Kim Junhui, Kim Daewon who was registered to be mentally ill, suffering from schizophrenia and panic disorder for the last year and was under professional care. His status, dead or alive, remains a mystery as he was nowhere to be found, except for his right hand.

This was followed closely by one of the most brutal murders so far, Jeon Somi. She was the daughter of the former congresswoman Jeon Kwangsun. She was found beheaded in an empty classroom of the school.

From the above information, people have enough reason to assume that the murders have a big role in the blast innuendo.

Now, the question arises- Is this the feared comeback of the Begonia?

"Jaemin you fucker!!"

Seo Yeongeun squeals as she appears in the cubicle. I turn to her with a smirk, knowing very well what she has to say. "What? I was just listening to music."

She stands there with her hands on her hips, one of her hands holding tomorrow's newspaper's manuscript. Her eyes are blown wide as she stares at me with disbelief written on every inch of her face.

She rolls her eyes before composing herself back to her state before. "Did you even read what you just wrote down?!"

"Of course, I love the work of editing-" I am met with a smack of the paper against my head and I can't seize myself from chuckling a little.

"How did you get this much info?!"

"I have my sources."

She huffs. "Don't act smart, Na Jaemin. Spill the tea already."

I chuckle once again, before turning to her fully with a sense of pride filling up my chest. "I did my research." I add, "And I may or may not have threatened someone from the case into spewing everything."

"You did not-"

"Trust me on this one."

"You bastard." She grins, her lips stretching almost painfully. "I am so proud of you."