7: Drunken Nightmares

˗ˏˋ ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴀɢᴏˊˎ˗ ↴

┊ᴋᴀɪ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ┊ೃ⁀➷

"Did life treat everyone so wantonly, ripping the good things to pieces while letting bad things fester and grow like fungus?"

I take a sip out of my own glass, letting the burning sensation sit on my throat. "You are awfully poetic when you are drunk."

Beomgyu gives me a side glance, a lazy smirk playing at one end of his lips. "Am I, now?"His right leg— which was drawn to his chest— slides to lie on the carpeted floor. His head falls back with a small 'thump' against the wall behind. The smirk remains at its place, as endearing as an ornament of gold. "I was just stating a fact." He lets out a small chuckle, his eyes closing of their own accord.

An unknown sentiment bubbles deep down in the pit of my stomach, my gaze not leaving the elder boy. He looks so unnaturally delicate and elusive at this very moment that it throws me off-guard. I gulp down the rest of the liquid left in my glass in a single go, allowing my head to hang low to hide any hint of emotion that might obviously be on my face. Beside me, Beomgyu starts to trace his finger on the back of my hand that rested on the floor. "Your skin is so soft," he comments, his voice slurring towards the end. I close my eyes and take in a sharp breath.

 However, in the stillness of the night, a voice in my head pops up almost abruptly, urging me to do something, anything that can't be considered right in any aspect. But the desire is too strong— I am too soft of a target to defy it. My fist clenches as I try to gain control of my actions, although in vain. I feel my nails breaking the skin of my palm as a twinge of pain arises from it. Beomgyu doesn't notice it, however, as he goes down the spiral of his own thoughts. His fingers wander up to my wrist, nails grazing gently against the skin.

"I-I need to go to the restroom," I suddenly announce, taking to my feet. The other veers his dark brown irises to me, blinking as my words slip through his stupor. Avoiding his gaze, I rush to the door at one of the corners of the room. After entering, I close the door with my back leaning against it as I pant frantically. A sheen of sweat covers my forehead, little beads sliding down the back of my neck.