|YangYang|

YangYang
Word count: 1212
The sea calls for him
Fantasy/mermaid au

YangYang POV

"Are we all ready?" Kun asks. "I am! Let's go!" I said excited. "Hendery got everything?" The said male simply nods. "Lucas? Wait where is he?" Kun looks around. "I'm here!" He runs out of the dorm. "Am I still on time?" He asks. "If you get in the car now we can maybe still avoid traffic." Kun tells him. We all got into the car. I say by the window, next to me was Xiaojun. "Why are you so excited? It's just the beach." He says.

"I don't know but I just love going to the beach, the sand the sun, the waves. I just love it!" If I wasn't in a car I'd be jumping up and down right now. "Does anyone has something to eat?" Sicheng asks. "Really now? We just left the house." Ten sighs. "I'm sorry, I didn't have time to eat yet." He mumbles. "I got a granola bar and some gum." Ten said looking in his bag. "Ooh gum, I want!" Hendery says. "Me too!" Lucas adds. "Can I get one too?" Kun asks. "WinWin granola bar?" Ten Looks back at him. "Sure."

We finally arrived. Kun had parked the car and I was quickly to get out. "Wait, don't run off yet. Everyone got their bag?" We all nod and go together to find a nice spot in the sun. "Can I go to the water now?" I ask. "Don't forget to put on sunscreen first." Ten warns me. I sigh and sit down. He hands me the sunscreen and I apply some. "Ugh it's so sticky. What even is this? Ten! It's for kids!" He looks at me confused. "So what's the deal? I got sensitive skin yeah."

I roll my eyes. "Can I now go?" I ask. "I'll go with you!" Hendery exclaims. "I'm going to get ice cream." WinWin says. "I'll come with you." Lucas gets up following him. "Great there goes having a nice day together." Kun sighs. "You didn't expect it to be any different right? Let's go to the water now." Xiaojun came with me and Hendery. I run into the cold water and later on jump into it. I came back up and smile, this feels like home. "YangYang!" I hear the guys call my name. "What?" I ask.

"You're too far, you don't want to drawn. Come back here." I tried swimming to them but I couldn't. Something was holding me back. Before I knew I got pulled under water. I hold my breath and tried my best swimming up as two arms wrapped around me. Some sort of air bubble got made around my head. I could breathe and open my eyes underwater. Once I could see I saw a girl, I looked down and noticed she wasn't just a girl but a mermaid. My eyes widened. I must be dreaming! How can this happen? "Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm y/n. You're YangYang right?" I slowly nod. "How do you know?" I ask shocked. "You're the lost merman." She smiles. "The what?" I say confused. "Just follow me." She takes my hand and suddenly starts swimming quickly. We arrived somewhere at a cave underwater. It was special. Multiple mermaids and mermen were here. "Can I see the queen? It's important." She asks someone. "Wait here, I'll ask her." Y/n then turns to me. "Ready to meet your family again?" She asks. "Excuse me? My family are all humans up there, with legs just like me. Not half fish."

"Ouch. I'm not just a fish sir. And secondly that's not your real family. You're a mermaid." Then the guy came back telling us we can see the queen. As we continue, y/n suddenly bows. A mermaid with a crown and lots of jewels was in front of us. Her expression changed as soon as she saw me. "YangYang!" She quickly swam my way and hugs me, twirling around a few times. "Uh I'm sorry but can you please let go, I don't even know who you are." I say. "Y/n can you leave us for a second?"

"No, she's not going anywhere. She brought me here and she'll bring me back to my friends." I say. The woman... mermaid sighed. "You know your birthmark in the shape of a wave on your back, that's the sign that you're my son, you're the prince." I shook my head. "Please believe me, I can explain you the whole story." She says. "Fine, but if I don't believe you, you're bringing me back to where I belong." I say. She slowly nods. She told me the whole stories, creating little air bubbles that were shaping the story. (I hope you get what I mean with that)

"So you believe it?" Y/n asks. "Maybe. I just don't get it. Why do I only get to know it now? Why am I only here now?" I questioned. "Because we didn't know where you are. That's why I called you the lost merman." Y/n explains. "You can stay here with us now, I can make you a merman again." The queen said. "No. I believe the story and that I'm this but I'm used to being a human and live there. I got my job and friends there." I say.

"We understand that. But take this." She hands me her ring. "So you can be reminded of me, this all. I'm already happy to have seen you, knowing you're fine and healthy." She smiles. "YangYang. It's time for you." Y/n said. "Time for what?" I asked. "To go back, before the air runs out and you can't breathe." She points at the air bubble around me that got way smaller than before. "I first want to say goodbye to the queen." I say. I hug with her, it feels so trusted. "Go now. I hope to see you soon again."

We let go of the hug and said bye. Y/n takes me back before I run out of air. "Thank you." I smile at her as I got my head above water again. "No need to say thank you, I'm happy I found you. I remember as little kids we used to be in love, it was fantastic. But of course you don't remember." I see how sad it made her. I leaned in and gave her a small peck on her cheek. "I might not remember anything but I believe you and you're really nice."

My eyes opened and I coughed up some water. "He's alive." I look up and see a lifeguard together with the guys. "What... happened?" I ask. "A big wave made you drawn but you got saved on time." They tell me. "So y/n isn't real? And the queen? Everything was just fake?" I ask. "Who's y/n? And what queen? Guess you were out for some time." Ten says with a giggle. I look at my hand and see the same ring the queen gave me. It is real? I look at the ocean and softly hear my name. "Never mind." I say. "Be careful next time okay." The lifeguard tells me.

~
A/N: have a nice day/night everyone!
💚🌱