Chapter 7: A Second Chance

Aurthor's/Notes

*timeskips, scene change, flashbacks*

**POV change**

"Talking"

'THOTS'

---START---

**E.R.I.C.A POV**

I sat on the Medbay floor, still feeling guilty over the fact I've been killing children for over six years.

'....why would they use children....?'

I ran a few calculations and realized that they had no choice. With the humans almost wiped out, they needed every person available to try and win a losing war.

I buried my face into my knees and crying again. I stayed like this until the medbay doors swung opened. It was Scarlock and Jaylen carrying the human wrapped in his coat.

E.R.I.C.A: "W-what is it?"

Scarlock: "He needs vitemin injections, and a lot of it!"

I was confused at first, but when Jaylen unwrapped him, I was horrified. He was skin and bones, with a cadaver report tattooed on his back.

'What do they mean by 'provisions' dona-oh my god!'

I turned around to turn on the injector, filled it with the right nutritional supplements, and brought it over to the human, who was shaking his head back and forth.

'Only god knows what nighmare he's having...'

**Firewater Dream POV**

It was 2120, I was back in the canteen area of an old high school in Knoxville. I knew this flashback all too well. It was the bloodest battle in World War history.

It was also my brother in arm Thomas' 10th birthday.

He was unwrapping the gift Sargent Aberdeen had gotten him. Eventhough we were at war, we still had time for our brothers and sisters.

He had pulled out a tactical 10 gage double barrel sawed-off shotgun, with the words 'Thomas' second pocket rocket' etched into the barrel.

Thomas' eye lit up like a christmas tree, and he hugged Aberdeen, thanking him as he put the shotgun in his holster. I simply smiled and held my M16 carbine close to my side as I watch him have the time of his life.

But it was short lived...

**Fireawter POV**

I groggly woke up in a gurney, feeling the strongest I've ever been. I sat up and saw my gut went from being to my spine to a set of eight pack abs.

'Have I always had these?'

I got up from the gurney, and walked around the place. It looked to be a Medbay. I saw a note on a table, along side a map and my coat. I picked up the note and read it.

Dear B.U.R.N Trooper,

We are so sorry for the shit you have gone through. A child should never have to experiance the horrors of warfare. We have portal set up to take you home. Don't thank us and please for the love of god don't rat us out.

- Scarlett Maxson, Furnited Nation Special Operative leader

I looked at the map. It had all of the rooms and locations in the base. I started to walk to the portal room while buttoning my coat up, but stopped in the middle of the hallway, remembering my oath.