Chapter 3: The Right Thing To Do

Aurthor's/Notes

*timeskips, scene change, flashbacks*

**POV change**

"Talking"

'THOTS'

---START---

**Firewaters pov**

My blood began to boil with anger as stared Duffy in the eyes.

'I don't care if she's a fur, this is a crime...'

Pvt. Duffy: "Are you going leave, or stri-"

I grabbed him by the throat and lifted him to my eye level.

'...punishable by death.'

He started to kick me, but was like being bit by a Daddy Long Legs spider. I carried him out of the room to spare the young mother from being scarred farther, closing what's left of the door on the way out.

I brought him to his knees and poured my hydraulic fluid down his throat, he chokes on it as he swallows alot of it. I stopped pouring after six seconds, placed the jerry can back on my tanks, and grabbed a flare from my satchel. I lit and jammed it down his throat.

He caught fire instintly, and flailed his arms and legs around as he burned from the inside out. I stared at him the whole four minutes he was burning. When he stopped burning, I went back into the room, where she was still whimpering and soothing her crying child. I felt so bad.

I tried to get her on her feet, but she cowarded farther in the closet, so I had reasured her that I wasn't going to do anything like what Duffy was thinking.

Firewater: "Hey....it's okay....I'm not going to hurt you....I'm going to get you out of here....but I need you to calm down....and let me help you..."

I held my hand out in a gesture to help. She calmed down, and grabs my hand, still holding her baby.

I got her on her feet, or paws, or whatever, and started to guide her down to the ground floor, covering her eyes to avoid her seeing the corpses that litter the building.

We got outside, and I went around to the back of the building, and saw the humvees that the furs used to get here.

Firewater: "Come on, let's get you to an outpost."

I helped her up into the passager seat of one of them, ran around to the driver seat, dropping the back rest all the way down to fit my flamer tanks, and drove to the Furnited Nations' nearest outpost.

*34 minutes later*
**Narrator pov**

They've been driving along a desolate road in complete silence for awhile, until the cheetah fur broke it.

Cheetah Fur: "Why are you doing this?"

You sighed, as you knew why, but didn't want to relive that pain again.

Firewater: "I'm not sure...."

You think about it, then find an excuse.

Firewater: "....I think...it's because nobody deserves to be raped. Especally not a civilian who had no part in this war."

They went into silence again, until they found a compound, which was an old prison on the outskirts of town. You stopped 50 yards away from the gate, got out, went around the back to advoid being killed by sniper-fire, and got the cheetah fur and her child, who had passed out during the ride.

Fur guard: "YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, OR WE'L-"

The guard stopped as you started to carry the cheetah fur bridal style towards the enternce.