Chapter ninety one

Start from the beginning

Grimacing from an ache in my head I pushed myself to move but found the strain to much on my weakened muscles. Slowly the ringing in my ears faded and was replaced by a rhythmic bleeping that resembled that of a hospital room. Well that would explain the pain and the discomfort to the back of my wrist. Rolling my shoulders I tried to open my eyes and was immediately blinded by the bright lights above. Silhouetted in a blurry haze of shadow by the lights was a figure, but strangely enough one that didn't look like the delicate frame of my love.

"...A-Angel..?" I murmured in a strained stutter, hoping I was mistaken and it was in fact her. My one and only.

"No."

'Oh kriff I know that voice'

"Snap to it Skywalker: you have a lot of explaining to do." The forever pissed voice of Mace Windu boomed at a startling volume that made me flinch in my bed. Biting my lip I blinked a few times until I could make up the ugly scowl upon his face. Giving an irritating groan I tilted my head to the side and looked away from him trying to pick a reason from the long list of possible as to why he'd be yelling at me while still in a hospital bed. It had to be bad if it made him actually come to me for once, stupid lazy Jedi master...

"...what do you want..?" I mumbled closing my eyes again to try and get some further rest. Mace growled beside me which just led me to roll my eyes. Which was a mistake since that very much hurt to do.

"The truth: is (y/n) (y/l/n) really your fiancé?" The man asked in a firm tone with a glare that brunt right through my back. Immediately my eyes widened and I choked on my own breath out of fright. Though it's true nothing scares me and this man is no accepting I knew how worried (y/n) was of our relationship being found up. It was one of the first conditions of us being together, I swore to her no one would ever no. Well yes Padmè found out quickly: then Obi wan...then the girls and the clones. But the council was meant to remain oblivious, that was how we were to stay secure and safe.

This was bad: either I deny it like hell and pray he believes me, or I find a good place to dispose of a dead body.

"W-what?" I internally cursed myself for stuttering as I rolled in the bed to face him again. "She, she's not my fiancé Master Windu, we're, we're just good friends." I spoke though being honest, I wouldn't of believed me. And by the looks of how Mace was still scowling down at me he didn't believe my either. That or the wind changed and his expression was stuck like that for life.

"Then explain this to me." He spoke demandingly picking up something from the side and for a moment I swore he was about to whack my with the newspaper. Thankfully he didn't and instead opened it dramatically before me to show the front page. I squinted and strained to read the letter in bold shouting across the front page.

"...Republics hero to be wed states anonymous source - master you can't seriously believe this? It's obviously just idol gossip," I spoke looking from the page back up to him while thinking of which friend I may have to scold for letting this one slip. My first thought was Fives but even he wasn't this foolish. Maybe I have a crazy stalker to worry about, maybe (y/n) does even. Still I should be thankful this is all he's got. "Seriously master Windu: it's not my fault the papers are obsessed with me." I added feeling a little smug as o relaxed back again and gave him one of the cocky smirks I knew he hated. Sure enough Mace narrowed his eyes and flicked the paper, looking down and thumbing through the pages.

"Then how do you explain this photograph?" He persisted to question flicking open a page. My heart instantly dropped as I saw the hazy but identifiable image of (y/n) and I making out just outside our apartment complex. So that's why you or make out in public. Chewing at my lip I stared at the picture for a good few minutes relishing in the memory but also mentally kicking myself for being so reckless. Slowly pulling my eyes from the picture I trailed them up to meet his and gave a sheepish smile.